totalitarian

Can't get multiple extruders to work successfully

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:52 am

I have a flash forge creator pro with white PLA in the left extruder and black ABS in the right.

I'm trying to print a traffic cone using the dual extrusion wizard but both times, part of the ooze shield / print fails and the pla nozzle gets jammed.

I can print the cone using a single extruder just fine.

Here are some time lapses to show you what is happening.

https://goo.gl/photos/X8993fJwHbxffyrF9

Any ideas?

wirlybird

Re: Can't get multiple extruders to work successfully

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:24 am

Never tried it but the dissimilar materials is likely the issue. Try with the same material type in both extruders to see how it goes.

totalitarian

Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:42 pm

wirlybird wrote:Never tried it but the dissimilar materials is likely the issue. Try with the same material type in both extruders to see how it goes.
I thought one benifit of dual extruding what to be able to mix materials such as PVA for supports etc?

kabali16

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:10 pm

I believe this is due to the material configuration you are picking (difference in temp and cooling). If you are experimenting a lot, you should start learning about the software and how it works.
Try setting up a dual extrusion print manually -> viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6531&p=28435#p28435
this will give you a bit more flexibility.
I have tried PLA+ABS once (not on this printer though) for fun and it worked well.
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”