auburncad

Nozzle jams before print can finish

Hello,

I can't print this timing pulley with Simplify3D. Cure worked no problem on the first print--not sure what is wrong. I slowed down to 40mm/s and stopped retraction at 0.2mm layer resolution. Same as cure, but the nozzle clogs before the print can finish-it curls up in the nozzle. You can see the filament in the picture. I have tried this about 5 times with different settings and the same thing happens. Any ideas on what is going wrong-I'm new to 3D printing.

I'm using a monoprice select mini with ABS, 235-240 C head; 65C bed.
IMG_20170108_225738.jpg
kabali16

Re: Nozzle jams before print can finish

My god.. How did the filament get into a spiral form like that ? I have never seen that happen before.

MP Select Mini is not the best printer to run ABS coz of its weird Cooling system -> Single Fan shroud for both heat sink and part cooling. Does PLA print well ?
the hot end might be clogging due to inefficient cooling. What are your retraction settings ?
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint
MikeO

Re: Nozzle jams before print can finish

Are you by any chance running 1.75 mm filament in a printer intended for 3.0 mm filament?

That's the only way I can figure you'd have room in the hot end for the filament to spiral that way.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”