Jasper

Gembird problems, wanhao duplicator i3 v2.1 rebrand

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:13 am

Hi,

I bought a Gembird printer which is a rebrand wanhao duplicator i3 v2.1

When connecting to the computer it shows up on com8 and baud should be 115200. Mattercontrol works fine with these settings but Cura doesn't.

So I decided to give S3D a chance and it wouldn't connect, support told me to go to Tools > Firmware Configuration, and then select the Communication tab and disable the “wait for startup command” option. Save the new settings and then go back to the Machine Control Panel to retry the connection."

Now the software can connect and when I click bed leveling it sends the bed to the back, head to the left and down to adjust the first corner. Then I click Next and head goes up to 10.1mm and nothing happens.

I can level the bed myself with disabled steppers, but when I click disable steppers in S3D nothing happens. When I want to start a print when connected to the USB S3D says heating bed tho the printer doesn't respond and bed stays cold.

So I think it's a firmware issue and S3D doesn't fully support my printer.

Also some other issues, in cura I printed on 50mm/s and first layer 50% so S3D should be at 3000mm/m and 50% right? Not because it looks like it's running to get the last night train and doesn't even extrude enough filament when both programs are set to 104%.

Also firmware?

Hope to get this solved in the next few days because I don't want to ask for money back, I heard lots of good things about it so really want to give it a chance.

Regards,

Jasper

brian442

Re: Gembird problems, wanhao duplicator i3 v2.1 rebrand

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:00 am

Well do you know what firmware is on your Gembird printer? It might not be the same firmware as the normal duplicator i3, and it's pretty possible it doesn't support the jog movements that get used in the bed leveling wizard.

Anyways, have you tried printing on the machine yet? I would still much rather use S3D, even if bed leveling isn't supported by your rebranded printer.

Jasper

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:12 am

Of course I tried printing, like I said it feels like it's moving way faster with the same speed settings I use in cura.

I don't know what firmware is on it nor how to find out.

I used octoprint and now astroprint both with the Wanhao Duplicator i3 settings. Same for Mattercontrol and cura. All use regular wanhao settings.

Jasper

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:00 am

Just tried Repetier Host and that can also connect with the settings I'm trying to use with S3D

Support having a holiday? Emailed them twice few days ago and no answer yet,..

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”