gwhite

Re: Brim and Skirts Woefully Under Extruded

Because I skipped from 4.0 straight to 4.1.1, I missed this change (which was initiated in 4.1) in the 4.1.1 release notes.

Part of the problem is that the software is trying to get too clever behind the scenes. If you are going to give people lots of knobs to use to optimize their prints, rule #1 should be that they only change ONE thing at a time. As soon as you start "compensating" for adjustments, especially as a hidden "feature", it's really hard to fine tune things. At least there should be a check box to A) effectively warn people what you are doing , and B) disable it. I kept cranking down the first layer height, and couldn't figure out why things kept getting worse. I was printing PETG, and the strings kept ripping up the skirt, resulting in a big blob melted all over my extruder nozzle. I decided my bed height/leveling had to be off, and ended up tearing apart my whole hot end to clean up the mess this "feature" had made.

Having wasted an entire weekend and lots of filament fighting this "feature", I'm more than a bit ticked off. I still don't have my printer put back together.

I've reverted back to 4.0, and have also downloaded the latest version of Cura. From all the other issues I see posted about 4.1 & 4.1.1, S3D seems to be more interested in adding bells & whistles than making sure the software is well thought out and bullet proof.
Hivoltage

Re: Brim and Skirts Woefully Under Extruded

I too am having issues now.
I can't seem to figure out how to get the brim not to be gaped between each outline.
I sure hope they fix this soon as I cannot print anything with this software if this isn't working.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”