I am running a Rostock Mac V3 delta style printer. I recently switched to Simplify3D because of the higher level of control available.
Doing my first few prints, I noticed a lot of variation in the layers on the part surface. First I assumed it was PID, so I tuned that with no change.
I made a test cube and tried changing temperature, speed, infill, and extrusion multiplier, all with no effect on the rough layers.
I have ruled out anything mechanical because i am having the same problem on both of my V3s.
Finally, I decided to print the same test cube with the old mattercontrol slicer. See the attached photo. With identical settings on both slicers, Simplify3D is giving me a huge surface variance.
I am running PETG at 253C if it matters.
Hoping someone has encountered this before and has some suggestions!