munchit1

print begins withour reaching temperatures

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 am

hi all, new in with the simplify, and slightly teething with it.

i cant get the printer to reach hot end and heaterbed temps before it starts printing? (i.e. strips in the extruder quite happily)

heres the start G code i've ended up with to no avail.

G21; [mm] mode
G90; absolute mode
G28 ;home all axis
G0 Z15 ;lift nozzle
M140 S[bed1_temperature] T1
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0
M116 ;wait for all temps

i've tried adding M190 and tried M109, to no avail. the above M116 also fails to wait for the temps to be reached.

on my prinrter E0 is the hotend, E1 is the heater bed, in the FFF setting under the temperature tab i've tried seting to T0 and T1 for both the hot end and the bed, checked the box's on and off for the wait temperature controller to stabalice as well as disabled it by setting temp to '0'..same thing, click print through usb cable, the first parts to the Gcode apply, but it doesnt wait at Z15 to heat up..just starts printing without heating anything, not even setting a temperature.

help any one?

secondly the Z offset, is there a box to set/adjust for this?
i've tried the tool offset, no help...i'm using large nozzle sizes and really could do with the 'gap'when the Z axis hits the end stop to allow for plastics at the nozzle, aloud to home to the actual bed tends to hinder by pushing stuff back up into the nozzle, sooner or later the clogs start after a few hours of very poor troubled printing, hense the G code order above.

waiting for the temps to be reached (particularly at the nozzle) whilste at the Z15 part of the G code alows ooze to be removed just before the print starts, this also helps a lot.

ReneeCelDesigns

Re: print begins withour reaching temperatures

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi,

this is no error but just a setting. all you have to do it tick a box;

Go to Temperature.

Make sure the 'wait for temperature controller to stabilize before beginning build' is ticked.

Make sure this is ticked for both print head and bed.

That's it. DONE :)

dkightley

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Gcode tab of the settings.....Global G-Code offsets
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

munchit1

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:29 pm

ReneeCelDesigns wrote:Hi,

this is no error but just a setting. all you have to do it tick a box;

Go to Temperature.

Make sure the 'wait for temperature controller to stabilize before beginning build' is ticked.

Make sure this is ticked for both print head and bed.

That's it. DONE :)
both are ticked, tbh, i started just using the machine control panel and set manualy. i'll have a ferkle tomorrow now thank you.

munchit1

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm

dkightley wrote:
Gcode tab of the settings.....Global G-Code offsets
nice answer thank you..

munchit1

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:51 pm

and a thank you to the people who made this program, i've spend four weeks going through every program i could find, and all had at least one thing rong that made it useless, but most of all i couldnt use any to print from a pc, silly things like printing some wird squigldy print some where else on the table.. it's been mind bending to say the least.

i'd asumed, finaly, there must be something rong with the pc drivers in general, or non of the programs were compatable yet...so i got simplyfy, a two week get your money back and a payment later i was pre loaded with 'hmmmm less see what crap this one gives me!'.

oh..my god! it worked lol!! yessss...

so now i'm going through the settings trying to figure out whats what and where n how, ooo oodles to play with isnt there.

i have a rating system, for the calibrasion. i call faize one the erghhhh suprized if it lays at all after building a machine, the bobby octopus faize is the second, this entails buy a machine and print the file that comes with it...oooooan octopus, wow! (lol) but then i gues you know that any machine with half baked settings can do a blobby octopus.
well.. to the point, the blobby octopus faize was better than my better prints! so so far it's knocking the spots off the other stuff.

i'm no expert here, but definatly not a newbie eather, bin at for a couple years but finaly had a rest after the exstruder hammer was slowly splitting it's arm, took three days of 'further calibrating' and wandering wtf was going on lol..what ever i set, it changed at the next print, then changed gradually faster and faster to the point i literally gave up, squeezed the lever to pull out the plastik and it disintergrated. so, this my second run at it after a long break.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”