Lateralg

Creator running on MG Mendel Prusa

I'm connecting to Com2 (only port available) at 115200 with Pronterface, but unable to connect @ any bps with Creator.

Device manager says "Arduino Mega 2560 (COM2)"
"This device is working properly"

Win7 SP1 32 bit.

I suspect firmware ... I don't think I have Marlin.

If that's the case, I'll need hand-holding in getting set up.
I've done OK tweaking configuration.h when using Pronterface, but have no idea what to expect in the Marlin arena.

Question: Can velocity settings in Creator be expressed in mm/second?
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Creator running on MG Mendel Prusa

What firmware are you running? Creator works with Marlin and Sprinter out of the box, but yes, there will be a few changes for a different firmware type. When you connect to the firmware using Pronterface, what do you see in the communication log? The Marlin firmware usually sends a "start" response when successfully connected.
Karl_Williams

I have to hold the reset button down for 4 seconds on my Gen6 board every time before Creator will connect so give that a try. All the other software I've used connects without having to press the reset.
Lateralg

Simplify3D wrote:What firmware are you running? Creator works with Marlin and Sprinter out of the box, but yes, there will be a few changes for a different firmware type. When you connect to the firmware using Pronterface, what do you see in the communication log? The Marlin firmware usually sends a "start" response when successfully connected.
I'm in AZ, so probably 3 hrs behind you.

Running Sprinter:

With Pronterface, "Connect" command, I get:
Connecting
Start
Printer is now online
ok T:0 B:0

Running Creator:

Attempting Connection at COM2
Connection Failed

BTW: Based on recent WIKI comments on Marlin, it has very significant advantages over Sprinter. I'd like to go to Marlin, but need help in getting there.
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.
Lateralg

Karl_Williams wrote:I have to hold the reset button down for 4 seconds on my Gen6 board every time before Creator will connect so give that a try. All the other software I've used connects without having to press the reset.
No luck. Thanks for jumping in Karl.
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

I have a feeling this is related to some older boards that don't reset properly when a new serial connection is initiated. Karl has done some great troubleshooting previously, and I'm fairly certain the Gen6 falls into this category. We're planning to fix this for the 1.0.7 update, which is in final testing now.
Lateralg

Simplify3D wrote:I have a feeling this is related to some older boards that don't reset properly when a new serial connection is initiated. Karl has done some great troubleshooting previously, and I'm fairly certain the Gen6 falls into this category. We're planning to fix this for the 1.0.7 update, which is in final testing now.
Sounds good. In the meantime, I'll try printing with Pronterface using G-Code generated by Creator. Dang, but Creator slices fast!

BTW- regarding velocity units: Sure enough, in the executing G-Code, the units are mm/minute. Didn't notice that before. The reason for my concern was that the settings in Pronterface are in mm/second. Has anyone else raised this issue?
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”