jgreen2

[SOLVED] Height of print in progress in MM?

Sometimes when I'm printing, my printer will shut down. It has nothing to do with the software and I've been talking to the tech people about it. Might be related to cooling temp. But since it often happens after I've been printing something for an hour, I try to restart the print where it left off vs. starting over. I go into the advanced tab and enter the height at which I want to start, in MM, and then I restart the print job. The challenge is that I can't figure out how to tell from the print progress window what MM height the printing stopped at within the software. Anyone know how to do that? Right now I just measure best i can, but sometimes I'm off and the printer is either trying to print in air or grinding against the model. It would be SO much easier if I could somehow tell the MM height being shown in the preview mode...
brian442

Re: Height of print in progress in MM?

You can use the cross section tool in the preview to find an exact Z-location. Just go to View > Cross Section, and then tick the radio button beside the Z-axis mode, then adjust the number till you find the location you want.
Jbc

I'm finding the height shown with that tool doesn't match the height wanted when using another process.
I make a second process to print at finer resolution but starts printing at a height that's off a few layers.
Angus

You can get the z-height by multiplying the corresponding layernumber from the preview window (lower left corner) with the layerheight.
S3D-Jason

Version 4.0 now also includes the current XYZ coordinates of the toolhead in the print preview. This makes it easy to see the current Z-position of the tooolhead. You can see a quick picture of this new feature towards the middle of this page:
https://www.simplify3d.com/software/rel ... ion-4-0-0/

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”