ViperZ

[FIXED] about print speed above raft

Hi,
After the raft is created, the printing speed of the Outer Perimeter and the Inner Perimeter of the first layer of the print target is abnormal. From the second layer it seems that the speed will be normal. Is this a bug?
無題.jpg
brian442

Re: about print speed

It always prints the layer on top of the raft at a different speed to help with separation. So that's normal and how it's intended to work.
ViperZ

Hi brian442,

I mainly focus on shaping something very small.
Since the modeling speed of the 1st hierarchy is too fast, the filament will not settle on the raft. Therefore, the shape of the model has collapsed. I want to slow down the speed of the first hierarchy and secure it firmly in the raft.
Thank you.
ViperZ

As shown in the following picture, if you create it with IdeaMaker it will succeed but when you create it with Simplify3D it will collapse from the first layer.
無題.jpg
It is meaningless to purchase S3D with this.
I would like an option (CheckBox) to lower the speed of the first layer immediately after raft.
Jeff_Birt

You can do this now if you wish by using two processes. Set process 1 with your settings for raft and set it to print from raft 0 to the top of the raft set process 2 to go from top of raft to top of the part. Once your done with your settings group the processes and save it as a new process name that way you can reuse this grouped process on other objects.
Nagisa

I have same problem, first layer perimeter after raft too fast, not stick on raft.
ViperZ

In the case of a method using a plurality of processes,
Depending on the number of hierarchies of rafts, 'Layer Modifications' has to be adjusted.
This is very inconvenient and inferior to IDM.
aero23

Jeff_Birt wrote:You can do this now if you wish by using two processes. Set process 1 with your settings for raft and set it to print from raft 0 to the top of the raft set process 2 to go from top of raft to top of the part. Once your done with your settings group the processes and save it as a new process name that way you can reuse this grouped process on other objects.
This does not appear to work for models where the first model layer is only a portion of the entire build envelope. If I use only one process for the whole part, the raft encompasses the entire build envelope, as expected. If I have the first process stop at the top of the raft and add a second process to start at the same height, then the raft only encompasses the part of the model that makes contact with the raft, not the entire part envelope.

I don't understand why there isn't a command to manually control specific layer settings. I can cut through the model and get a layer number, but I can't do anything with it. Why can I do this with temperature but not speed ????? :(
S3D-Jason

I am happy to say that these changes have now been implemented in Version 4.0. If you click "Edit Process Settings" and go to the Additions tab, there are new options that allow you to control the speed of the first layer that is printed on top of the raft.

This version also includes a completely new raft design that separates much better and uses far less material. The raft is only placed where it is absolutely needed, so this has significant savings over prior versions. You can read more about some of these new changes in Version 4.0 at the link below:
https://www.simplify3d.com/software/rel ... ion-4-0-0/

Thank you for all of the great suggestions!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”