KingMick

Stops printing part way

I have been trying to do a print of a figurine.
All goes well for about an hour then it stops and everything shuts down. Stops printing, fans shut down and control box locks up and I have to switch the power off then on to regain control of the control box.
I have tried this print many times and it happens at the exact same point each time. I tried to re-download the gcode to the memory card and it just stopped in a slightly different location. So then tried to resize the print smaller and is still stopping just further up the print. It always stops while printing the supports.

I have never had this problem in Cura.
I bought S3d yesterday thinking it would be a step up but it has been painful thus far.

Any ideas?
brian442

Re: Stops printing part way

If you try printing using the USB cable, you can watch the communication from the printer in the S3D machine control panel. This will let you see any warnings or errors that the firmware might send (all firmware message start with "READ:")

Do you see any specific errors when the print stops? Can you paste the last 100 lines or so that are in the machine control panel communication tab when the print stops?
KingMick

Re: Stops printing part way

Found the problem.
It was the sd card. After loading another print on to it from cura. It crashed as soon as I started the print.
I did a full format on the card and now all is good. :D

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”