problemchild

Invalid Extruder messages

The log is filled with thousands of "M105 Invalid extruder <*>", where <*> is a character that looks like a vertically flipped cap L, (nl or eol). This is Creator 1.0.5.

a) why is the extruder invalid? The extruder factor is set to .95, not 1.
b) It would be more helpful if the error messages gave some idea of the lines of Gcode to which they apply.
c) Is this a problem at all? The job has been running for about 15 hours and doesn't seem to have a problem.
(see post on non-manifold mesh reduction for related info)
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Invalid Extruder messages

This sounds like a firmware-side error message. What firmware are you running? This also might have been something we fixed in 1.0.6 (sorry to sound like a broken record :D ). We are typically very good about telling you exactly where an error came from whether it's on a digital model with thousands of triangles or in any number of locations within the Creator interface. The firmware on the other hand is not as user friendly.

If you continue to see this in 1.0.6+, can you turn on verbose mode and post the communication back-and-forth for the M105 command? So for example it might look like:

SENT: M105 T0
RECEIVED: ok T:186 B:58

That might help me see what the problem is with the actual syntax.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Oh, and no, I doubt this would cause any issues with the actual print. Might impact temperature monitoring thought (which personally I don't suggest you do during an active build as it adds a lot of unnecessary overhead).
problemchild

As we speak, I am running a print on the M2, now updated to Creater 1.0.6. It is running whatever firmware Maker Gear distributes, (within the last month). Probably the latest stable Marlin. But, it is generating a steady stream of invalid extruder messages. I''ll look into the firmware revision and collect a sample of the log for you tomorrow.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Might want to grab version 1.0.7 while you're at it ;)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”