Frannyan

Malware warning?

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:49 am

Attempted to install the new version and my antivirus is convinced that it's malware. Has the server been compromised or is my antivirus being overly vigilant?

brian442

Re: Malware warning?

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:16 am

I frequently get a "Low Reputation" warning from my anti-virus program when I install new releases like this, so you might want to check and see what the warning is.

For example, my Avast scanning may give a "FileRepMalware" warning, which just means the file reputation is low (meaning it is a fairly new file). Usually after a few days, it seems they have seen enough downloads of the file and the warning goes away.

So you're most likely just seeing the same "low reputation" warning

sgfx

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 pm

I'm having the same issue.
AVG keeps sending it to quarantine.
So i cant even install it.

jfkansas

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:23 am

Ya I had to turn Avast off for 10 minutes until I got 4.0 installed. It is fine as far as Malware goes.
brian442 wrote:I frequently get a "Low Reputation" warning from my anti-virus program when I install new releases like this, so you might want to check and see what the warning is.

For example, my Avast scanning may give a "FileRepMalware" warning, which just means the file reputation is low (meaning it is a fairly new file). Usually after a few days, it seems they have seen enough downloads of the file and the warning goes away.

So you're most likely just seeing the same "low reputation" warning

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”