s3030150

S3D keeps forgetting build volume settings (Mac)

Hello,

Simplify3D keeps forgetting settings (attached). Every time I start S3D I have to set build volumes for my machine.
This happened with version 3.1 and is happening also with new 4.0

both OS X El capitan, OS X Sierra were tested. It started intermitently and once it happens, it happens every time from then on.

is it a bug, or should I try something?

thanks
Martin
see the zeroes in Build Volume? this has to be set to 200x200x200
see the zeroes in Build Volume? this has to be set to 200x200x200
----------------------------------------------------------
bottomline: stupid enough to buy this
upsm

Re: S3D keeps forgetting build volume settings (Mac)

I had similar problem, one of the profiles had the 0,0,0 in them .. solved the problem by loading all stored profiles one by one and entering proper build volume in them and storing them back .. how the problem "Started" I don't know but in 3.0 there were profile corruptions and those profiles later on in 3.1.1 and 4.0 make problems ... now with 4.0 I had to go "Reset all settings" and setup everything from scratch to make it work.. might help you too ... store all profiles (export fff) one by one... then reset everything, don't import them back but recreate them manually (open the fff in txt editor to read the data)
Used cars search engine
  • TT UP Plus 2 / Smoothieware
  • M150 / Smoothieware
  • Custom (mendel) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Marlin
  • Custom (darwin) / Replicape
s3030150

yeah it is just one profile. so I will try to delete preferences and recreate it, I'll let you know, thanks for now
brian442

Keep in mind that you can setup your profiles to override this build volume setting. The video below shows how to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYPUAqT4UyI

So I'm guessing your profile was configured to override the build volume settings and you somehow entered a build volume of 0,0,0 in your profile. That would explain why it keeps overriding that setting. So watch the video above and then check the settings on the G-Code tab of your process settings.
s3030150

naah, I didn't touch the build volume numbers. I opened S3D, sliced what I needed without touching the settings, closed it. After new start the build platform was not visible and I noticed that Build Volume were set to zeroes. Override was not set either.

now I deleted preferences, set up S3D from scratch, turned the override on, let's see if it happens again. Thanks for now

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”