inches

Supports not shown, but added during preview

I have manually added supports, but once I prepare the file for printing more supports keep getting added.

I tried using the supports menu to delete all, and then reapply just mine, but new ones keep getting added as well.

It seems like the Generate Support Process Setting automatically is generating these.
brian442

Re: Supports not shown, but added during preview

Do you have multiple models or just a single part? You define support for each model separately, so if you have multiple models that may be what's happening.

Can you post the factory file (File > Save Factory File)?
mvingtargt

I am having the same issue with 4.0.1 (most recent version). It just started happening. Can't turn it off, does anyone have a solution?
airscapes

in your process you have support set up to generate.
In your model you have to click generate automatic support from the support menu, now remove and add as you like, and that is what you will end up with when you print.
mvingtargt

Thank you, that was it. Somehow it was turned on for every profile that I'd created where it had not been before.
dkightley

An alternative would be to set the Support Pillar resolution in your settings to 99.....and then when you open up the Support Generation window, before you click Generate Automatic Supports or start to add manual supports, change the resolution to a sensible value.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”