bubbasnow

Dual extruder infill

So, i have my second extruder set up to run the infill of an object. Both extruders are in a single Process, both are configured for a retract to prevent oozing into other layers.

For some reason when the tool change occurs after perimeters are laid down, the second extruder will not prime the nozzle for the amount which was previously sucked out. it will however throughout the infill process continue to prime/suck accordingly.

here is the start of the path, see it is missing the prime:
infill.PNG
here is the end of the path where it sucks to prevent oozing
infill2.PNG
i do not see this when the second extruder is configured to run a second material.. only when it is selected to do infill. I have no custom gcode for tool change, i am using a rostockMax profile.
Any help would be appreciated.
CatDog

Re: Dual extruder infill

Could you post the first layer gcode please? Some of us that can read gcode can then look for the suspect code and see what exactly is going on. It might not be putting in the prime or it might but it is not enough. The gcode will reveal all!

~CatDog>
~CatDog>

(Alone in the world is a little CatDog!)
bubbasnow

Re: Dual extruder infill

this was my fault, i had the retraction in open space box checked.

but to improve the tool change performance i added the following gcode

G1 E-10 F2000; this will pull a little more filament from the nozzle to avoid cooking or oozing while not being used
G92 E-12.5; this will prime an extra 2.5mm filament to the nozzle when the tool is used again. it really helps with my bowden setup.

by adding these to the 'tool change' gcode section you do not get any extra long retracts in regular movement or layer change.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”