ReneeCelDesigns

Single Variable Extrusion Not Working!

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:36 am

The problem I am seeing - Variable Extrusion width printing out as a non-variable extrusion, see below. I think this is due to my extruder motor being geared down by 1.8, and I have accounted for this in the settings by increasing Extrusion Multiplier by 1.8 as well as retraction etc, but don't think the Variable Extrusion settings work from that.

My question:
Does anyone know how I can change the Gcode settings to take into account my geared down feeder motor??? geared so that 1 turns of the motor = 1.8 turns of the feeder gear (using a modified Ultimaker 2 extended). I'm hoping this is the issue, if not I have no idea whats going on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My TEST if you're interested-

I was testing Variable Extrusions capabilities and designed a TEST that is a straight line about 95mm long and goes from 0.0mm thick to 1.2mm and down to 0.2mm. Printing PLA with a 0.6mm nozzle.

The preview on S3D shows the part perfectly but when printed the part is one straight line. I have watched the stepper motor and it does change is speed so the Gcode is sending the correct information but the change in motor speed isn't enough to have an affect on the end part.

Cheers for you're help :D
Attachments
Extrusion.png

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”