kodachrome

S3D stops listening to Gcode after a while

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 am

To be honest, Ive always had this problem back from v3. Im using it on a Rostock Max V2 and, as an example, if I clock Extrude in the Machine Control Panel more than say twice, it just stops responding. I then have to hit Disconnect then go again. Same with Macro's eventually just stops.
Actually printing however seems fine.

Other programs don't have this problem as I use them to calibrate the Rostock extensively, its just S3D.

I've been able to ignore the problem and work around it (ie manually pushing the filament into the hotend) but now Im trying out the Prometheus System (a dual extruder to 1 hotend), which introduces its own new Macros which, as feared, as just experiencing the problem too.

Ive tried No, Software and Hardware flow control and 63 and 127k cache. Anyone else with this issue or any ideas?

brian442

Re: S3D stops listening to Gcode after a while

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:32 pm

It might help if you posted the log from the machine control panel. Then you can see what is sent and received.

tbeaulieu3dcomm

Re: S3D stops listening to Gcode after a while

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:46 pm

I have the same problem. The first time I saw it happen, the print just stopped after only a couple of minutes in. The printer was responsive (LCD menu) and the control panel would see messages caused by interactive controls, but nothing would flow out to the printer. I got it to happen at least 3-4 times the other day. The only way to get it to talk to the printer was to close the app. It seems that one almost sure-fire way to get it confused is to STOP the print. If L1 wasn't going down correctly, I'd stop and want to recalibrate the Z offset, but S3D would often times stop sending commands.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”