OwenSparks

[FIXED] Variable Settings (Can't create splits)

Hi folks.

First day using S3D so please be gentle with me. ;)

I'm trying to create a print with variable settings, however when I try the split using the wizard, the slider bar is locked at zero, and the red preview plane is up above the model. It looks like it's working relative to the machine zero, not the build plate perhaps?
S3D Problem1.jpg
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Owen S
Last edited by OwenSparks on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
horst.w

Re: Variable Settings (Can't create splits)

... as shown, you are using only one process; add a 2nd process, perhaps that is the problem.

I'm only use the manually settings in the Advanced menue because I don't know how to start the wizard :oops:

regards
horst.w, GER

PS: that is not the solution, the wizard is runnung fine for me, also when opened only one process (e.g. for stopping the print high).
I'm sorry, I have no idea for the problem.

H.
OwenSparks

Hi horst.w I appreciate the effort, so thank you none the less.

Cheers,

Owen S.
Last edited by OwenSparks on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChristianCooper

Hi Owen,

A couple of questions:

1. What printer are you using, and does it print from top to bottom like an SLA printer, rather than bottom to top like an FFF printer?
2. Are you using a standard profile, or did you create your own?

I have profiles for multiple printers (all are FFF) and all profiles have the origin of the printer shown as being on the print surface of the bed.

Chris.
OwenSparks

ChristianCooper wrote:Hi Owen,
Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. Sorry for the delay in replying. As a new member my posts have to be approved my a moderator so things are taking a while.
ChristianCooper wrote:A couple of questions:

1. What printer are you using, and does it print from top to bottom like an SLA printer, rather than bottom to top like an FFF printer?
I'm using a Tiertime UPBOX+, so a Cartesian FFF machine.
ChristianCooper wrote: 2. Are you using a standard profile, or did you create your own?
There is as yet no standard profile for this machine (TT have only in the last few weeks opened their product up to GCODE after a year or so of user pressure.) TT released a pdf configuration guide and the profile has been created to that.
S3D problem Forum 2.png
We've completed a handful of successful prints using it so I'm comfortable that it's appropriate to the coordinate layout of the machine it just doesn't seem to play nicely with the "Variable Settings" feature of S3D which was my main justification to my boss for buying this software... :oops:
S3d Corner Bracket printed.jpg
Any ideas?

Cheers, Owen S.
ChristianCooper

Hi again Owen,

Sorry for my delay this time. :)

I've just had a look at my settings and the origin offset on the Z axis is set to 0 for all of my profiles.

It may not fix your problem, but it's probably worth setting your Z axis offset to 0 (or near 0)

If your printer has an inverted Z axis, you may have to play with the flip build table axis for the Z axis and/or change the Z axis homing direction to see what happens.
S3D-Jason

Greetings,

I wanted to add a quick update to this thread to mention that the Variable Settings Wizard has now improved in version 4.0.1, adding support for more machine types and setups. It should now work correctly with UPBOX+ or other similar printers.

Thank you for reporting the issue!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”