JSPY

2.1.0 Crashes when importing model, Mac Mavericks OS

Hi,

I am new to Simplify 3D, and just bought a Makergear M2. Yesterday I downloaded the latest Simplify 3d and it won't import any models. I have tried to export some from Sketchup (using STL exporter) and tried to download some from Thingiverse.

The program seems to parse triangles, but then just seems to crash without anything showing up on the virtual build plate. I can talk with the makergear OK but can't try to print anything. I have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling Simplify 3D and reinstalling, but nothing is helping. I have the latest version of Mavericks and an Imac which was new as of last December.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jason
JSPY

Re: 2.1.0 Crashes when importing model, Mac Mavericks OS

UPDATE*

I have been getting an error code

std::bad_alloc

This seems to have something to do with ram or memory, but I just got a new Imac in December. I watched the activity monitor when this program crashes and it doesn't come close to running out of memory.

I have also determined that if I uncheck "arrange and center" model in preferences, it doesn't crash but also doesn't show anything on the virtual build plate. I have tried on both my Imacs from different years and running different OSX.

The machine profile I am using is Makergear M2 Vb3

Anyone else ever have this?
jimmynz

I have this same problem (both of them) with 2.0 and OSX Mavericks get the std::bad_alloc when importing some models. Upgraded to 2.1 and now it just crashes when I open any model. Pretty Disappointed. Seems since 1.1.5 Both 2.01 and 2.1 have had some really annoying Bugs. Suggestions as it is completely useless as it is?
jimc

Wish i had some some advise to give. I can tell you i have an imac with mavricks and have run every version of s3d since 1.1.5 and i have never seen this.
jsc

Please link to one STL from thingiverse that always crashes for you.
baron

+1, have same problem with Mavericks, have contacted support. Waiting for a workaround/solution/update
KTy

Also first time, crashing exactly as described above... but on Win7 64 !
Had to reboot whole computer :evil:
LeonMF

+1

OSX Mavericks
MBP Retina 2012

I can't even slice as I get a divide by zero error when it tries to save the model.
LeonMF

I forgot to mention that I managed to import by dragging the stl file onto the build plate. Trying to import the model through the import command crashes.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”