crispy1

Bug - 2.1.0 - Cooling settings are being discarded

Version 2.1.0 is discarding the minimum layer time settings in my FFF profiles, substituting a zero in the box as shown.

The corresponding line in my .FFF file has the correct value, as seen when opened with a text editor:

The incorrect setting is reflected in parts sliced. In other words, printing speeds are not altered in order to hit the minimum layer time. So it's not just a display glitch, it appears to not read the file correctly.

What a sliced part should look like:
What it looks like:

What's interesting (and frustrating) is if I manually input the correct value in the minimum layer time box and reslice, it slices it correctly. Then if I re-export the FFF settings, the change is lost (box goes back to 0.0 the next time I open S3D). If I close and re-open S3D, the change is lost. If I switch to another profile and back, the change is lost.

I created new profiles for the new version by opening the old profile, updating settings as needed, then exporting it again.
I tried turning off "preserve state in between sessions" in the options.
I tried re-installing S3D, no change.
crispy1

Re: Bug - 2.1.0 - Cooling settings are being discarded

The plot thickens...

I noticed my profile for Bridge does not exhibit the problem of Min Layer Time being set to 0 when the profile is loaded. I opened up the .FFF file in a text editor and noticed the format was completely different than my .FFF file for PLA and ABS. It appears my PLA and ABS profiles are formatted like a .xml file and the Bridge profile is not. I believe both .FFF files were created in the same version of Simplify. To test if this is indeed the problem, I painstakingly rebuilt my ABS profile using the format of the Bridge profile.

The result... Success! I am now able to switch between profiles and restart S3D without loosing my cooling settings.

Simplify3D Team, if you're reading this, I strongly suggest that you implement some sort of automated complete re-write of config files when a new version is released. Old and mismatched config files is something that also gave Slic3r a lot of trouble, back when I was using it.
crispy1

Re: Bug - 2.1.0 - Cooling settings are being discarded

Further investigation on config file behavior: http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=874

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”