wrightys99

Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus 230mm dia by 300mm height fff

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:08 am

Hi

I'm a newbie to 3d printing and wonder if any one could possibly help.

I purchased and built an Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus 230mm dia by 300mm height.

The manual gave settings for use in Cura but the setting parameters don't seem to match the S3D parameter's directly.

I printed a test piece using Cura and cant get it to print out a respectable part.

Would you be able to advise what to use in the configuration assistant?

Or ideally does anyone have an fff file they use, they wouldn't mind sharing.

I'm sure the fff will need tweaking to get it right for my printer but at least I will have a good base to work on.

After selecting a circular base .....

I understand that my build volume for X and Y should be 0.707 x 230mm dia = 162.6mm.

And the offset should be 162.6mm / 2 = 81.3mm for X and Y.

I intend to read up on all these settings and try and understand it all.

But I like a new kid in a sweet shop and what to print some plastic.

Would be very grateful of any assistance.

Best regards

Andy

brian442

Re: Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus 230mm dia by 300mm height ff

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 am

The S3D settings you mentioned for volume and origin sound correct.

Have you tried printing from S3D using those settings? You might get better help if you explained what issues you had or posted some pictures of the print.

Bliss

Re: Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus 230mm dia by 300mm height ff

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:29 am

There are so many things that can be a problem with a first print on a delta printer.

My guess is that you need to calibrate the printer (firmware settings) and then level the print bed (again - firmware or through changing settings in the eeprom.)

There is an active Anycubic Kossel support group on facebook. They are quite helpful and in their files section there is a S2D fff file for the linear plus. (Though I think it is for a 240mm bed size.) But once you have the file tweaking the settings is easier then starting from scratch.

Misiz

Re: Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus 230mm dia by 300mm height fff

Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:47 pm

I have a similar problem.

I purchased Anycubic Linear Plus in November 2019.

The recommended slicer is “CURE”, but since I am used to Simplify3D, I used the FFF file for Linear Plus preset in Simplify3D.

However, when I tried to print a model with an outer diameter of 228mm, the timing belt stepped out in the first layer, and after that, the correct trajectory was not drawn.

Is this a problem that can be solved?

Or is there a limit on the maximum diameter that can be formed with the combination of Anycubic Linear Plus and Simplify3D?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”