JeffJordan

broken gcode generated with size of 65536 kByte = 64 MByte

Hello community,
when I try to slice this piggy bank (the bigger version), I'll always get a gcode as result with a size of 65536 kByte (=64 Mbyte), while there is approximately 1/3 of empty space (trash) at the end of the usable content.
I've to edit the result afterwards, with a text editor, because if I don't: my printer complains about an incomplete gcode file (prusa i3 mk2 with fw 3.1.0 (latest, not RC)).
smeagollum

Re: broken gcode generated with size of 65536 kByte = 64 MBy

This is a known issue in v4, there are other posts about it as well. It should of course have been fixed, but S3D seldom releases updates to the software. It will probably be fixed some time next year, I guess.
JeffJordan

smeagollum wrote:This is a known issue in v4, there are other posts about it as well. It should of course have been fixed, but S3D seldom releases updates to the software. It will probably be fixed some time next year, I guess.
:evil: sorry, but that's not what I expected when I bought this software.
:arrow: I wouldn't complain if it was a free software like slic3r, but when I pay a good chunk of money for such a piece of software (and s3d is not cheap for what it does at least), it's my expectation that severe known bugs are fixed as quick as possible (within 2 - 4 weeks) to keep the customers satisfied.

or has s3d already given up the challenge in a market with competitive freeware products ?

by the way: before posting, I've looked around at this forum whether the bug has already been reported or not... but I didn't find it using the search engine.
why isn't there a sticky thread where all the reported bugs are listed ???
smeagollum

I think most customers would agree on this, but the update frequency is what it is.
As for a bug list, this is a user forum, and it isn't actively used by the developers. It is monitored by them, but they don't engage in any discussions.
larod241

And that's why I will not advise my customers a paid software that accumulates bugs without resolving the old!

I use less and less S3D because of all these little things that in the long run, we lose patience!

And I do not speak about the frequency of update ... Trying to work with the impossibility to generate large gcode is just inadmissible!

There is no regression test when releasing a new version?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”