MasterFuba

Mirrored X axis in every print

Hi,

i repaired my Fabrikator 2 mini, new Mainboard, new hotend.
Now he printes again...but X axis is mirrored!?
Tried to change machine settings in general options (flip build table axis).
This flips the modell virtualy to correct way but when i print its the same wrong as befor!?
Flip X, or flip Y...no change at all at printout.
The only working way is to mirrir mesh X.

Any ideas?
I am pretty sure the wireing on mainboard is correct, the connections cant set wrong around on the connectors...i removed and added them piece per piece.
I send the .gcode file to astrobox and print from there, but i don'T think this changes the axis of gcode...

KR
Daniel
brian442

Re: Mirrored X axis in every print

Ok, well the software shows the direction of the XYZ axes, so you can look at that to see what direction +X is pointing in (it would be the direction of the red arrow).

Then connect to your printer and do something like this

G1 X0 F3600 ; note where the printer is after this command
G1 X20 F3600 ; note the direction that the toolhead moves

The direction that the printer moves when running that second command tells you what direction the printer thinks is +X. So then just adjust the software "flip build table axis" options for the X-axis until they match.
MasterFuba

Ill try that, but one thing just wont go into my head.
If i am at x home y home then the hotend is on left back side of printer. This is where it supposed to be and was so with old mainboard. It can only moves into ONE direction from there for each axis. X to right and Y towards me.
If i flip anything then it would end in rrrrrrr rattle sound while crashing into frame.

How can a fliped axis work if my home is in the corner!?
I would understand it, if home would be in middle, then he moves to one or the other side of middle But in a corner there are not all 4 ways free. There are only 2 left and you cant drive backwards from there.. äh?

What do i miss here in understanding how this works?
I have printed a couple of testpieces with flipped axis on x or on y, on both of them. The only thing what is changing is vitual layout. But this has no affect on prints itself.
Layout virtual in s3d changes,yes. It can be wrong or right in s3d display, it doesnt matter, my print is always mirrored.

Funny is that mesh mirror x changes layout to wrong but it then prints correct. Feels like printer is fooling me.
And always do this is a pain...

Kr Daniel
Last edited by MasterFuba on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterFuba

its me again...

with settings from manual: X min Y max Z min and flipped Y axis:
i am at home and s3d tells me X=0 when enter G1 X0 F3600
If i enter G1 X20 F3600 then he moves to the right showing me +20
My Y is on 100 at Y-home...this sounds wired to me. Tried now Y settings to min.
Now i have X and Y both on 0 when i am at real home position.
Same gcodes again while at home position: Home X = 0 Home Y = 0 (now after Y-min change)
G1 X20 F3600 moves the same as before to right side and +20 at display of s3d
G1 Y20 F3600 moves towards me and shows +20 in Y display.
This sounds now more logical then with default settings from manual.
Anyway...the prints are still mirrored

tried now to flip again in s3d the table settings X (no change in printout)
tried Y fliptable...also no change in printout
Tried both together again...no change in printout

This setting is to be hones only a virtual switch - it has definitly nothing todo with the printout itself....only the virtual layout is changing without affecting anything on the print.

I tried now meshmirror on Y and this works positiv same as mirror mesh on X.
But there must be another way to get this damn printer working....mirrorless

KR
Daniel
brian442

So +X moves to the right, +Y moves towards you, and +Z moves the head upwards away from the bed? Is that right?
MasterFuba

Correct, its like that.
brian442

Well that would mean your 3D printer is not setup correctly. That isn't a valid set of directions, since that would always make parts backwards vs how they are exported from a CAD program.

So I would say you either wired something incorrectly, or your firmware configuration needs to be changed. In particular, if you can switch the motor wiring for the Y-axis so that it moves in the other direction, then you will be fine.
MasterFuba

Thanks for feedback. I have solved it now by replacing mainboard back to original one. My sparepart mb seems to be somehow wrong, wrong firmware or so.
Problem solved now with old one.
The y axis wireing was only part i havent tried. Only x axis i have swapped but the problems with no endswitch for this config forced me to give old mb a try. If i someday need to use this mb again, i know what to do. I hope endswitch problem does not occure on y axis if i do so.
Kr Daniel

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”