nuggetz

Multiprocess issues

Not sure if these are bugs or work as intented but I noticed a few issues that seemed wrong to me. I had a build plate of 6 parts. I wanted 1 part to have a brim and the other 5 to have a skirt. Set up the 2nd process for the brim which works as intended. However if I try to set the process for the other parts to have just a skirt, it inherits the brim of the single part from the 2nd process.

Also, when using the 2nd process on the part with the brim, S3D treats it as its own part with its own layer time settings which means it slows down and causes the overall print to take much longer. The 2nd part is a toy sword which is very thin and tall and I wanted to add a brim and have it print along with the rest of the parts but when it gets to that part/process, it slows down because the layer time is less than 15 seconds long or whatever I have it set to. I would think that it should take into account that ithe other parts are part of the same layer (which they technically are) not treat that brimmed object as if I was printing it by itself. Sure I can turn off layer time but I think I shouldn't have to as I may need it when the sword reaches the top and is the only item being printed.
brian442

Re: Multiprocess issues

Try moving the brim part farther away from the other 5. If they are too close, then the skirt and brim would overlap which I believe causes them to use the same settings. So just move the parts further apart and it should work.
nuggetz

Ok, I'll give that a go. Is there a workaround for the layer time thing?
Heutinck

What happens if you turn that off for that particular process?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”