AndersE

Micro pauses in print.

Since i updated to 4.0 (not 4.01 yet) i am getting micropauses in prints. They last about 1 second. In middle of the print it pauses, then continues.
But where it paused i get blobs obviously.

I am running win7 and cable (not sd-card), have never used sd. And have never had any problems in the 5 yrs i had s3d.

Just me or?
AndersE

Re: Micro pauses in print.

Opps. i had already asked that and several other have the problem So.... IS IT FIXED in 4.01?
arhi

that might not have nothing to do with s3d
- are you printing from sd card or from s3d -> usb
- are the pauses always on the same place
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
gearsawe

Still see it.
When it does happen the buff on the printer hits zero.
If the print have many short lines you will more then likely see this happen.
Had many people suggest things but nothing has worked.

almost like the system is busy and can't send data.

printing over SD is not an option since I need to pause to change out filament for multi color jobs
AndersE

I am also NOT using SD card. It has worked flawless for me on USB since the release of s3d. Up until 4.0..

So it has nothing to do with my computer. I do NOT want to use SD.

Printing a Filament spool just now, and not many small moves, yet it pauses once or twice..

Running 4.01 now, still a problem.
rrdavis

There's a hundred different reasons why USB prints can pause like that, so you're really going to have to provide more info if you want to get any help. Otherwise, there are just far too many possible causes or suggestions.

How long are the pauses? Do they occur in the middle of a segment, at the endpoints, between layers, etc? If you re-print the same file, do they occur at exactly the same location each time you print that file?
SimpleScott

I recall having small pauses when using the "Blip fan to full power when increasing from idle" feature on the Cooling tab. Do you have that enabled?
blackbird2016

SimpleScott wrote:I recall having small pauses when using the "Blip fan to full power when increasing from idle" feature on the Cooling tab. Do you have that enabled?
That is normal and nothing to be concerned of.
Other commands as changing nozzle diameter e.g for Single extrusion infill e.g. cause little Pause, too.
arhi

AndersE wrote: I do NOT want to use SD.
if you plan to use windows and usb you have to deal with a problem that you cannot push enough data at enough speed from windows and you will have this pauses.. you can try to use higher serial port speed but depending on what's on other side it will or will not work. Linux can be bit more stable but if you are using the computer while printing or if the moves are too small you will have issue with macos/linux too. SDcard is the only way to deliver code fast enough in some cases.
gearsawe wrote:printing over SD is not an option since I need to pause to change out filament for multi color jobs
many printers support pause themselves, octoprint on a dedicated rpi/opi also supports it an makes your printer untethered from your computer while retaining full control over the printer.

btw, in 99% of cases when you have pauses 'cause moves are too slow it's actually bad g-code with too many too small movements.. S3D had issue with those before (creating too many small movements in case STL was too detailed) but that was fixed some time ago... still, make sure the STL that goes into S3D is adequate for your printer (no point in having 0.1mm features in your stl printing with 0.5mm line).. would be nice if S3D could do some STL optimization before the print but you can do it in many other packages (for me best STL optimization can be done with AOI)
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
SimpleScott

blackbird2016 wrote:
SimpleScott wrote:I recall having small pauses when using the "Blip fan to full power when increasing from idle" feature on the Cooling tab. Do you have that enabled?
That is normal and nothing to be concerned of.
Other commands as changing nozzle diameter e.g for Single extrusion infill e.g. cause little Pause, too.
Who said it was a concern? The OP is looking for a reason why there are pauses in his print -- and this is one possible cause.

The pauses were annoying enough to me that I stopped using that feature -- whether it is "normal" or not .

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”