Conundrum68

Re: Micro pauses in print.

Paul wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:11 pm Nope on Europe. Heartland of America.

Sorry, we can’t give out any code, it’s all for a proprietary part. We have been through this before several years ago with tech support on a different part, that we had to do a similar work around. (S3D did not have a usable solution so we scrapped the initial design) Just didn’t think it would have been the same thing but worse instead of better this time around. Quite similar.

If a model needs to be very specific with exacting specs on design, it’s a hard roe to hoe to make the software respond correctly. Without the mess we have shown.

My design engineer is currently very unhappy with me and S3D so wait in line if you want to talk with him about this. He has explained it to me. I thought I did a pretty good job of posting already about the problem on a gentleman who had seam problems? That should get you started.
Yeah. I'm struggling to think of a reply that wouldn't violate "Community Standards".
Joining a forum and not sharing useful info is truly antithetical.
Keep your secrets. We'll figure it out eventually.
I mean, who TF posts pictures of fixing a problem and withholds the fix? Seriously.
arhi

Conundrum68 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:14 pm I mean, who TF posts pictures of fixing a problem and withholds the fix? Seriously.
happens more often than one would expect :( ..

anyhow, that blobs/zits problem is pretty well documented on the "quality" / "issues" pages about 3d printing, both on s3d website and on other places about 3d printing .. it's one place where s3d can give more tools to fix compared to other slicers ..

looking at the images and place where zits occur, the first thing to do is to drop resolution of that STL file to something printer can actually handle, second is to print from SD card and not trough USB (from s3d/octoprint or similar) especially if one is running some puny 8bit board and finally, the rest of the seam is fixed with wipe and coast ...
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
Conundrum68

Paul wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:39 pm Do you work for free sir?

I don’t .

We spent many hours with some of the brightest minds (that we would like to keep employed) working on a solution that should have been fixed.

This cost us lots of production time and money. PERIOD.

This software is not an open source platform, please remember that. We deal with the best and brightest in developing things that are to be kept secret. We believe as well as others that S3D has some of the best application software for professional end manufacturers.

We throw lots of money around to fix problems and we expect our resourced partners to do the same.

You may ban me if you choose, And I don’t care. The problem won’t be fixed by doing that. If my time was free, my product would be just like the free crappy produced music that is now socialized.

If you read my post about the fix, I gave most of the info on how to fix this without divulging any code or process. Some of our S3D settings are proprietary as well and not to be discussed. We have achieved results that took 1000’s of hours to develop in order to make a superior product with uncanny strength and durability using cheaper materials.

Socializing a situation will not produce a better product. Ingenuity, money and time do. This is capitalism. Welcome to to the hard working middle class America.

God bless
I'm neither suggesting nor asking you to divulge the "1000s of hours to develop a structure with uncanny strength" trade secrets. Good for you. Print away!
We're only focusing on the blob/micro-pause problem here, which is the topic of the thread. This is a "forum". It is a place to exchange ideas to help each other out. It isn't so you can say "Look! I solved a problem plaguing all of us. Good luck figuring it out!" We're all putting in many hours trying to improve print quality. You happened to, apparently, solve the blob/micro-stop problem. Congratulations. You want us to pay you for it?
Conundrum68

Paul wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 pm So you’re scolding me for S3D’s problems?

No, we don’t want any money, we want you to tell the developer with YOUR pocket books to fix the problem. It’s fixable, and it’s a problem. It’s been a problem for a long time now. We just did someone else’s job. How would you like to come work for me for free?

I do open source development and you will find my name at Marlin working in manufacturing ideas. I proposed multi-head printing for more than 2 heads, that would allow a clone of tool 0 to 1-4 without wiring stepper drivers in series. Might have just saved several households from burning due to the unsafe practice of such wiring.

We have over 20 patentable inventions that are used in production for our 3D printers. They are great advancements from what big box or anyone is doing. It sets us apart from the rest, so you won’t find my inventions on thingiverse or in a store.

It’s a rarity for me to even give a forum my opinion, let alone a fix for something that is long over due in fixing.

This is how the real world works. It’s not free if it’s good. Remember that.

If you are having blob problems, look to the seam vs S3D computed starting point on its infill. If they are different then you will have blobs no matter what you try.
Aline exterior seam with interior infill start position. If you change the infill% during a print, and you select a pre positioned seam, expect problems. This is the crux of the issue. Much more but quite technical.

Your welcome.

Perhaps you should consider 3D printing a commemorative statue of yourself (blob-free!) and proudly displaying it in the forum.
What you have or haven't accomplished is not germane to this discussion, so I have no idea why you're even bringing it up.

I understand how capitalism works and I understand how value works. I also understand how maker forums work. I also understand that not everything everyone does is related to money.

You apparently found a workaround for the software problem which is the topic of this thread. Yes it took you time to figure it out. Unless you can sell the fix to S3D, it has no intrinsic monetary value. But it has social value, which you fail to see. So enjoy your blob free printing and eventually we all will. All you're doing is impeding progress. Congrats.
Conundrum68

Paul wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:56 pm I gave you the work around and you still complain.

Good luck on the blobs.
Thank you for the clues.
Hergonoway

Conundrum68 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 pm
Paul wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:56 pm I gave you the work around and you still complain.

Good luck on the blobs.
Thank you for the clues.
@Conundrum68 : I've found this topic, saw the number of pages, got hope. By any chance did your figure out what may solve this issue for hobbyist-peasants like us ?
Conundrum68

Hergonoway wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Good luck on the blobs.
Thank you for the clues.
@Conundrum68 : I've found this topic, saw the number of pages, got hope. By any chance did your figure out what may solve this issue for hobbyist-peasants like us ?
The only new info in this thread came from the above post where he says:
"If you are having blob problems, look to the seam vs S3D computed starting point on its infill. If they are different then you will have blobs no matter what you try.
Aline exterior seam with interior infill start position. If you change the infill% during a print, and you select a pre positioned seam, expect problems. This is the crux of the issue. Much more but quite technical."

This is, perhaps, informative, but not necessarily helpful. I don't know, practically, what to do with this information. I'm looking to the upcoming version 5.0 to hopefully solve the issue.
Hergonoway

Conundrum68 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:54 am
Hergonoway wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Thank you for the clues.
The only new info in this thread came from the above post where he says:
"If you are having blob problems, look to the seam vs S3D computed starting point on its infill. If they are different then you will have blobs no matter what you try.
Aline exterior seam with interior infill start position. If you change the infill% during a print, and you select a pre positioned seam, expect problems. This is the crux of the issue. Much more but quite technical."

This is, perhaps, informative, but not necessarily helpful. I don't know, practically, what to do with this information. I'm looking to the upcoming version 5.0 to hopefully solve the issue.
Well thanks for your answer, let's hope @S3D-Chris saw it, understood it, and put it in the 5.0 launch day roadmap

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”