Conundrum68

Re: Micro pauses in print.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Paul wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 pm
So you’re scolding me for S3D’s problems?

No, we don’t want any money, we want you to tell the developer with YOUR pocket books to fix the problem. It’s fixable, and it’s a problem. It’s been a problem for a long time now. We just did someone else’s job. How would you like to come work for me for free?

I do open source development and you will find my name at Marlin working in manufacturing ideas. I proposed multi-head printing for more than 2 heads, that would allow a clone of tool 0 to 1-4 without wiring stepper drivers in series. Might have just saved several households from burning due to the unsafe practice of such wiring.

We have over 20 patentable inventions that are used in production for our 3D printers. They are great advancements from what big box or anyone is doing. It sets us apart from the rest, so you won’t find my inventions on thingiverse or in a store.

It’s a rarity for me to even give a forum my opinion, let alone a fix for something that is long over due in fixing.

This is how the real world works. It’s not free if it’s good. Remember that.

If you are having blob problems, look to the seam vs S3D computed starting point on its infill. If they are different then you will have blobs no matter what you try.
Aline exterior seam with interior infill start position. If you change the infill% during a print, and you select a pre positioned seam, expect problems. This is the crux of the issue. Much more but quite technical.

Your welcome.

Perhaps you should consider 3D printing a commemorative statue of yourself (blob-free!) and proudly displaying it in the forum.
What you have or haven't accomplished is not germane to this discussion, so I have no idea why you're even bringing it up.

I understand how capitalism works and I understand how value works. I also understand how maker forums work. I also understand that not everything everyone does is related to money.

You apparently found a workaround for the software problem which is the topic of this thread. Yes it took you time to figure it out. Unless you can sell the fix to S3D, it has no intrinsic monetary value. But it has social value, which you fail to see. So enjoy your blob free printing and eventually we all will. All you're doing is impeding progress. Congrats.

Paul

Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:56 pm

I gave you the work around and you still complain.

Good luck on the blobs.

Conundrum68

Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 pm

Paul wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:56 pm
I gave you the work around and you still complain.

Good luck on the blobs.
Thank you for the clues.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”