ScottyMakesStuff

S3D has corrupted my GCode

Over the past couple of days 3 of my printers running new S3D GCode have all failed in different ways!
My delta just stops mid print at the same point.
My Prusa MK2 and MK3 both produced strange artefact in the print and under and over extruded using the same settings that have been running flawlessly for a month or two.
My first guess is to re-install S3D... anyone else have this problem?
ScottyMakesStuff

Re: S3D has corrupted my GCode

I've since realised that my Delta was another problem entirely and unrelated.
After a lot of research I believe the problem is with my two Original Prusa's (Mk2S and Mk3) and their compatibility with S3D. To be more precise, the latest firmware updates made a couple of weeks ago on both machines are apparently the issue. Many people have had the same issue on the prusa forums and ended up going to an older firmware to get better prints. I downgraded the firmware and now my prints are back to their previous high quality.
But I'm guessing you support guys at S3D are already aware of these issues. Can you tell me why this new firmware ruins S3D gcode?
wirlybird

I am running one of the more recent firmwares on my MK2, I think it is like 3.11 or something will have to check. Everything seems ok but I do get corruption in the S3D profile from time to time where I have to delete it and reload.
The one thing that seems to be affected the most is the cooling fan. It either stops adding the line to turn on the fan or it adds an incorrect line. No idea why it does this. I don't think firmware is the issue though since it has done this through a few versions of firmware.
rrdavis

wirlybird wrote:I am running one of the more recent firmwares on my MK2, I think it is like 3.11 or something will have to check. Everything seems ok but I do get corruption in the S3D profile from time to time where I have to delete it and reload.
The one thing that seems to be affected the most is the cooling fan. It either stops adding the line to turn on the fan or it adds an incorrect line. No idea why it does this. I don't think firmware is the issue though since it has done this through a few versions of firmware.
For the last 2 threads I saw about the fan issue, both users had made changes to the firmware settings in their profile that caused the problem. If you're having the same issue where it uses the wrong fan speed command, then you probably did the same thing. Can you attach the profile that you are having trouble with? Should make it easy to confirm.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”