SteveEvans

Print from SD Card button not working

Until this evening I've been able to select a model to print from the Machine Control Panel dialog, however the Print from SD Card button has suddenly stopped working. I can plot temperatures and use the manual job controls, so this isn't a USB connectivity issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
rrdavis

Re: Print from SD Card button not working

Pretty hard to help without any other info. Can you post the complete log from the communication tab of the machine control panel when you are trying to send these SD card commands? That way, you should be able to see how the printer responds.
SteveEvans

Clicking on the "Print from SD Card" button just flashes the button blue. There is no communication shown in the Communication window.
rrdavis

It's going to be hard to help any further if you don't post the complete log from the communication tab...
SteveEvans

With an SD Card inserted I get the following when I click on Print from SD Card:

Code: Select all

Attempting connection at /dev/cu.usbmodemFA141...
  Testing plaintext communication protocol...
  Connected to machine!
SENT: d501015e
WARNING: packet transmission failed, retrying... (d501015e)
SENT: d501015e
READ: d50181d2d50181d2
SENT: d503002800b7
  Firmware version 0 detected
SENT: d50115a2
If I remove the SD Card I see the following when I click on Print from SD Card:

Code: Select all

SD card not present.
I have reformatted the SD card and ensured there are only a few files on it (I thought I might have hit a file number limit).
SteveEvans

I've just deleted all files bar the one I need and it's working again, so I suspect I may have had a filename that was too long.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”