TomOH

Print start height with two process definitions

I have two parts I want to print (at once). One which needs a raft, the other cannot have a raft. All is good until I checked the print. The second part without the raft is not being placed on the print bed surface, but starts in mid air at the same height of the first layer of the part with the raft.

Now, I would expect that layer one is always being printed either on the bed surface or the raft.

Any idea how to resolve this, besides printing separately?
rrdavis

Re: Print start height with two process definitions

Hmm.. seems to work fine for me. Maybe try re-downloading the software from their website to make sure you have the latest version.

Also, keep in mind that you have to separate the parts on the bed by a pretty good distance so that one isn't going to interfere with the raft of the other.
TomOH

It looks o.k. in the preview, but the raft is being printed first and then it attempts to print the first layer of the piece without raft. (you can clearly see that with one piece having a 30+ layer raft, the other none and you do the layer slider preview). This will cause either the second print head to bump into the printed raft in case the z-axis is being moved up again, or the piece will be printed in mid-air (which causes a mess as well).

S3D needs to consider the raft base being "layer 1", not the first layer of the part, and right now it does not.
dkightley

It looks o.k. in the preview, but the raft is being printed first and then it attempts to print the first layer of the piece without raft. (you can clearly see that with one piece having a 30+ layer raft, the other none and you do the layer slider preview). This will cause either the second print head to bump into the printed raft in case the z-axis is being moved up again, or the piece will be printed in mid-air (which causes a mess as well).

S3D needs to consider the raft base being "layer 1", not the first layer of the part, and right now it does not.
Of course the two are dealt wit separately.....but interleaved by distance from the bed...not the layer number of the actual part!

What you are seeing is exactly as advised.....you have placed the two parts too close to each other on the bed.....and the volumes bounding areas are overlapping.....causing whet you are seeing. Move them away from each other....and reslice!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”