subspace3d

Ranom pauses during print

Hi all

Im getting random pauses on prints (which ruins them) when using S3D and my Raise3d N1, anyone else experience the same?

My Wanhao i3 is fine and seems to just affect my raise.

On some STLs it occurs more frequently with shorter pauses, others the pauses are quite long. (see video)

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... 6koQfFy6dV

Ive tried several USB's/SD cards and still the same. I even sent the S3D gcode via wifi to the N1's internal storage to set off a print, still the same.

Using the Ideamaker slicer with the same file I get no issues, it seems anything produced with S3D and it pauses, any ideas?

Tom
JJAuto

Re: Ranom pauses during print

Have you figured this out? i am having similar issues with multi process prints, and was hoping you had found something helpful
AndersE

I have the same problem on both printers, one with ramps1.4 and my delta with smoothieboard. On the ramps it's about 0.5 sec pause, on the delta it can be as much as 1-1.5sec. It is completely random, sometimes several times on a print, some prints never or once.

I have experimented with buffersizes in marlin, but it won't help.

This bug as i call it came on 4.0 and 4.1, and everybody say "use sd card". that is bull as usb works great on pre 4.0.

I have also asked on "3d printers Sweden" on facebook, and i am not alone, several answered that they have same problem.
jab136

is it fixed by pausing and resuming? if so, it is caused by the m105 commands in the gcode, if either of the checkboxes in this picture
Untitled.png
are checked, you need to uncheck them. further information can be found in this thread http://forum.raise3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5279
AndersE

No. I have never used that feature. So it is not that.
jab136

it is a default, if you haven't used it then you probably haven't looked at it, check that tab
AndersE

you did not understand me, they are unchecked. I have never used it and it has been unchecked all the time.

As i have written before, the problem came with 4.0 and 4.01.

i am printing a cogwheel for filawinder now, it's a 40min print, it has already ruined one print by blobbing when it paused.
Second print has paused 4-5 times alread (after half the time).
jangermann

I have the exact same problem with my UM2.
It is a error in Simplify 4.0 since I did not have the problem before upgrading.
Also if I use Cura I have no problem.
JJAuto

My issue is now fixed. It was caused by the firmware "losing it's mind" while trying to calculate tip offsets for multi extrusion. i went into Marlin and "commented out" the hot-end offset in the firmware and have it in the slicer now. works great. If you are running offset hot-ends id try to do that and see if it works.
KDan

Same problem with homebuilt Delta and Smoothieboard. It's not a Smoothie problem, and it's definitely only a V4.0 problem. S3D 3.1.1 was fine and Reptier Host and Server are fine.
S3D V4.0 is basically useless for direct USB printing in my case. I continue to use it with Repetier Server on other machines, but for direct USB printing it is unreliable and can destroy prints.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”