fusingatoms

Dual extrusion purge problems

Hello, I am running a duet board with a chimera hot end (dual extruders, dual nozzels). I do run the dual extrusion wizard to set up the print. I am having a problem upon layer change it wants to purge one of my extruders and leave a huge blob on the print. I am printing using the ooze shield. I dont have any scripts at all except for a home all at start, and a few ending commands. I dont have any purge commands in my duet code, so I am having trouble tracking down the problem. I read a while back about a problem with this, but cant seem to find the post, and as I remember there wasnt a solution. Any help would be appreciated.
Aha

Re: Dual extrusion purge problems

I have a very different printer, but assume I will have a similar problem. What I've been looking into is doing a toolchange script. You'll want it to move outside the print area, change the head, do some purge out there, then move back in. At that point you can probably set retraction settings to blob it less, or maybe find that there's a hidden script that's causing your problem.
fusingatoms

If I am using the ooze shield, you wouldnt think I would need to add any extra scripts. I should automatically do this for you.
fusingatoms

After trying all kinds of stuff, I disabled the ooze shield and now it seems to be printing fine.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”