GhostlyCrowd

Version 4.X.X does not place supports on the bed, in some cases 3.X.X is fine

I can confirm that version 3.X.X does not have this issue. 4.X.X does it does not print the supports in the middle of the stl until layer 35 which is 4mm off the bed. Supports printer closer to the outer edge of the object print fine.

Flip the STL so the domed part is facing up, and generate supports for it. check the print preview and you will see supports are generated where they should be but they are 4mm too high in the center circular section and cause printing spaghetti in mid air
Attachments
suplune190.stl
(482.11 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
rrdavis

Re: Version 4.X.X does not place supports on the bed, in some cases 3.X.X is fine

The STL seems to work fine for me in version 4.0.1. Maybe you can post an actual factory file (File > Save Factory File) and some screenshots showing the exact problem you are seeing.
GhostlyCrowd

Re: Version 4.X.X does not place supports on the bed, in some cases 3.X.X is fine

What the ***

I just sliced it again today wit 4.0.1 same pc, rofile and stl to export what you wanted, and now its working. i spent all day yesterday and even posted screen on the S3D Facebook group. showing that supports would not start until exactly layer 35

Maybe opening my profile in S3D 3.1.1 some how fixed a hidden setting for me?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”