ghynes440

Circle dimensionally inaccurate.

I need some help, I've been having issues with any thing I design the final print is not the correct size it was suppose to be. I'm running simplify3d and have tried numerous settings but can't seem to get it right. If it was .1 mm off it wouldn't be an issue but usually it's off 1 or 2mm. I just made a part that was suppose to be 17.55 and ended up being 16.34. any suggestions would be great! Thanks guys

I'm using a robo r1 plus
Even ovals are not dimensionally right.
horst.w

Re: Circle dimensionally inaccurate.

Please print out i.e. this calibrating object:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2551272

Keep in mind, the First Layer has very often the well known "elephant foot" (will say the first layer is strongly pressed down for better adhaesion and so becomes more width than the absolut values)

Please report your results and also please attache your actually used settings , stored into the factory-file.

Your printer is a "Ready-to-print" and calibrated by the manufactor? There are any changes done to the firmware?

Regards
horst.w
GER
zemlin

There's information and files of a tool I developed to achieve dimensional accuracy. I usually get within +/- .1mm on large and small features.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6130&p=26646&hilit= ... oss#p26646
ghynes440

I will try both of those things and get back to you!

Yes my printer is suppose to be print right out of the box, but it definitely was not! I've upgraded to an e3d v6 with titan extruder. I'm currently using MESH leveling.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”