CAnder

Z jog will not go to print height

I've converted a Cubex Duo to Makerbase Smoothie board and I'm having problems with the Z axes. I can move to print height in Pronterface. The jog function for Z is not working, motors come on and it makes some noise like its trying to move. I can move x and y and homing works for z and if the table is not at the limit switch it will move until the switch is hit. For firmware configuration I'm using Reprap, Z offset and origin are set to 0. Homing is setup using the Cubex Duo switches for x and y which is the back left corner, for z I've setup a magnetic switch. When I use the jog the command its sending is SENT: G1 E1.0000 F240, not sure why its using this command. If I issue a G0 Z-17 f240 I can get it to move past the limit switch, when using G0 Z7 F240 it moves towards the bottom. I'm not sure how to get this set correctly, Also when the min limit value for Z homing in the smoothie config is set to 9.125 which is the offset to get to print height.
CAnder

Re: Z jog will not go to print height

I've resolved my problem with this, after a closer look the problem for the Z movement was the speed setting. Using Jog in Simplify or Pronter the speed was set to 240, when the gcode was generated it was set to 1,000 in the Simplify printer settings so the motor just jerked a second. Also when not using the speed parameter in the command the speed defaults to the setting in the smoothie configuration file, which was set to 4800. Using 340 in the config solved the problem with not specifying the speed with the command. The G1 E0 command that I thought was the issue was a misread on my side due to clicking the wrong button in simplify and viewing in the communications window. I'm now working on the x and y calibration for the motors and will send an update with the numbers for the Cubex motors.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”