Iron Val

Simplify3D and E3D Cyclops (Single Nozzle, Dual Extruder)

Hey guys,
I just got a Cyclops (color mixing, single nozzle, dual in) hot end for my Tevo Tarantula.
I have S3D 4.0 but no idea where to configure for this Cyclops setup. I can tweak the Marlin firmware settings, but need to be able to designate
percentages for left and right filaments going in.

How do you do this?

Thanks,
Val
ash209

Re: Simplify3D and E3D Cyclops (Single Nozzle, Dual Extruder)

i don't know if your printer and mine work the same. i just went through this problem. but i had to have someone write me a GCODE script for my printer.. it is basically the same-thing, but i have a delta printer with a cyclops style nozzle.
when it would do a tool change it pulls the first filament out to a set position , and then its supposed to push in the new stuff and prime the nozzle. i was having a hard time getting S3D to do that for me. it would pull it out to say 120mm back from the nozzle, but then it wouldn't push number 2 filament down to 120mm to start. it would just start printing with the new filament at the 120mm back from nozzle mark. have other tevo people done this kind of mod? someone on the tevo support forum might have a script for your printer, or maybe even E3D might have one for you to import. if that helps any.
ash
wbarber69

Re: Simplify3D and E3D Cyclops (Single Nozzle, Dual Extruder)

here is my FFF profile im am using for a 2 to 1 extruder setup.. You need a few things set right in marlin first.

#define EXTRUDERS 2 //Obviously

#define SINGLENOZZLE //This tells marlin that all Tools (T0, T1) use the same thermistor.

#define DISABLE_E false // this keeps marlin from turning off the motors ever

#define DISABLE_INACTIVE_EXTRUDER false // Keep only the active extruder enabled. This keeps Marlin from turning off the heat.

Lastly. You will find that prime pillars are a joke in s3d. instead use this: https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch/tree/master
Filaswitch is a much smarter way to purge colors without wasting too much filament.
Attachments
Duality DR-10.fff
(18.96 KiB) Downloaded 825 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”