3dp911

Jog mode directions wrong on left extruder

I have a Powerspec 3d pro and when I try to jog the machine while set to the left extruder via simplify 3d it jogs on the wrong axis. When set to use the right side it works fine. All moves go the right direction on the right axis. I even tried the flashforge creator pro profile which is basically the same machine.

My mightyboard says FF rev E which I assume means Flash Forge. I am using the stock firmware which is a customized for powerspec sailfish 7.7. I would like to flash it with stright up sailfish 7.7 but i am not sure what firmware to use. Maybe this is the problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
jmsjgill

Re: Jog mode directions wrong on left extruder

Hello out there! Any movement on this? I have a Flashforge Creator Pro and I can confirm this behavior.
JoeJ

That sounds like a firmware bug. You can watch the binary commands that S3D sends when jogging. Judging by the X3G spec, they look correct to me. So I'm guessing there's a firmware bug that only shows up when you change the extruder
bigbufdady

I have the same problem....anyway around it? I am trying calibrate my machines.
JoeJ

Pretty sure this is a firmware bug. There have been some known issues in the past when doing manual commands with the left (T1) extruder active.

What firmware version are you using? I'm not sure this issue was ever fixed, but at least you could confirm what versions are affected.
dennisjm

I have the same issue with manual commands. Works with T0 but if you change the toolhead to T1 things don't work correct.

Using Sailfish 7.6 on an FFF creator X/Pro.

Anyone make headway on this? If I update the printer firmware will that solve the issue?
razster

its a long-standing firmware bug, been around for over a year so I wouldn't hold out hope that it will be fixed anytime soon

you could try submitting a bug report to sailfish firmware repo with the binary command and the unintended behavior

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”