rsteckler

New FlashForge Creator Pro X Offset problem

Hi - My new FFCP doesn't work well with the stock S3D profile. I think FF made some changes recently.

First, the nozzle purge happens on the table. In fact, if you jog the print head all the way to the left, the right side (default) nozzle is still over the table. It's physically not able to get off the table. This makes a mess :)

Also, all prints are offset to the right (+X) by about 30mm.

I'm going to play with some settings to try to get it to work, but the profile should probably be updated.

Thanks,
Ryan
JoeJ

Re: New FlashForge Creator Pro X Offset problem

Is the build volume also bigger than what's in the S3D profile (225x145x150)?

Is FF using a different name or version for these printers? Or are they just shipping new machines with completely different specs under the exact same name? That's going to make a mess of things...
Flashforge Dreamer

I think what they have updated is the left printhead has now additional cooling fan, which is nice cos it works better with PLA. Is that right? The gcode will have to somehow be adjusted cos I assume the printer assembly is now larger.
rsteckler

It's hard for me to tell what they've changed and when. I know some things, though:
The bed now comes with a blue plastic base, and a few extras (instead of kapton tape)
There's a fan on each print head, plus a fan to the left side of the assembly that pushes the air forward. This side-fan may be the reason that the print head doesn't go as far to the left.
Spool holders are different.
3 leveling screws instead of 4.

So I think they're evolving the design in real-time without versioning it....

I had a couple of minutes this morning to mess around. I tried setting the x offset in the Gcode section to -11, and it's ramming the assembly up against the left side of the machine. That's too far, but it's getting the print in the right place now. I'll play with the number tonight some more to get it dialed in.

I changed the location of the nozzle purge in the gcode to the right side of the platform, which seems to work well to purge the right nozzle. I'm new, but I'll see if I can also get it to purge the left nozzle off the left side.

I also noticed that the default bed temp for the FFCP PLA profile is 0. This should probably be 60.

Thanks!
Ryan
Arcadenut

Can you post a pic of your printer?
S3D-Jason

That's nuts that they're just randomly changing the design without changing the model name or version or anything. That's going to make a big mess of things. For example, how would you ever sell a bed upgrade for the creator pro now? Everyone now has to manually specify what type of creator pro they're talking about.

But yea - post some pictures. I want to see how different it is from mine!
omega-00

There's been no changes to the build plate size, just the addition of a PLA cooling fan (similar to what is in the FF Dreamer) but which prevents the right hand side nozzle from moving all of the way off the bed on the X axis on the left hand side (by about 3mm). I don't know about others but I was definitely informed that this would be the case (there had been a small revision/addition) by my FF rep and from what he's said they may end up changing it slightly again. The right hand extruder will happily clear the bed on the Y axis at the front or back if you wanted to wipe there instead.

Both extruders can clear the bed on the X axis on the right hand side.

Here's my start code for the right extruder:

Code: Select all

;  Flashforge Creator Pro - right extruder start.gcode 
M73 P0 ; enable build progress
G162 X Y F3000 ; home XY maximum
G161 Z F1200 ; home Z minimum
G92 Z-5 ; set Z to -5
G1 Z0 ; move Z to 0
G161 Z F100 ; home Z slowly
M132 X Y Z A B ; recall home offsets
M135 T0 ; load right extruder offsets
G1 X125 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; move to wait position right hand side of the table
G130 X20 Y20 Z20 A20 B20 ; lower stepper Vrefs while heating
M126 S[fan_speed_pwm]
M140 S[bed0_temperature] T0
M134 T0 ; stabilize bed temperature
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0
M133 T0 ; stabilize extruder temperature
G130 X127 Y127 Z40 A127 B127 ; default stepper Vrefs
G92 A0 B0 ; zero extruders
G1 Z0.4 ; position nozzle
G1 E25 F300 ; purge nozzle
G1 X115 Y-70 Z0.15 F1200 ; slow wipe from right to left
G1 X110 Y-70 Z0.5 F1200 ; lift and move 5mm further left
G92 A0 B0 ; zero extruders
M73 P1 ;@body (notify GPX body has started)
;  end of start.gcode
I'll update with the start code for the left and dual start shortly (one thing I've noticed is that the default S3D profiles for dual extrusion don't prime both extruders so I'll see about fixing this too).
omega-00

The 'blue' plastic base that was mentioned is simply a PC sheet (similar to BuildTak) made by FF.
They been shipping with those for a while now.

Here's what the new extruder head looks like:
foobiwan

Funny. My FF Creator Pro is now 2 Weeks old. Send directly from China.

It does not have the fan and also not the cable for it in the harness.

Where did you buy it? FF USA?
C-line

I noticed that they sell this fan on the FF website (http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/part ... o-fan.html) but wasn't sure if it fit the Creator Pro. How does it mount to the extruder assembly? And how well is it working for you?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”