jonwally

G-Code Editor & Pause Command

A few things that I think would make this software a little better:

-) A g-code editor built in so I could make small changes to the code before printing. A search function and a replace function would be a requirement in it.
-) A pause command that I could insert into the g-code that would cause the print to pause (if printing to USB) so I could do things like add an item into the print or change the colour.

Thanks
JoeJ

Re: G-Code Editor & Pause Command

You can actually already accomplish both of these things.

Editor and search and replace - S3D already allows you to create custom scripts for pretty much everywhere where you would ever need to edit the gcode (starting, layer change, ending ,etc). So thankfully you don't have to bust open a text editor to do that. Just make the changes on the Scripts tab. They also have some incredibly powerful post processing logic included with the software that can do things like search and replace automatically. For example, you could put this line in your post-processing script: {REPLACE "T0" "M108 T0"} You can read more about those options here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959

Insert a pause command - They actually already implemented this in the software and it performs exactly as you suggested. Read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2588
madeinoz

+1 or something along the lines of being able to add/ execute script at layer x. This could be called for different scripts on as many layers as you like and could have more than one script per layer.

Something like "insert at layer x function. The function could run a script or just insert gcode.
toddtman

madeinoz wrote:+1 or something along the lines of being able to add/ execute script at layer x. This could be called for different scripts on as many layers as you like and could have more than one script per layer.

Something like "insert at layer x function. The function could run a script or just insert gcode.
I agree with madeinoz. It would be much easier if I didn't have to go back into the processes to add extra code to the post processing script. If there was a way to run a script on the gcode from the preview window, that would be ideal. That way I could find the layer that needs the addition and then add it without changing screens.
KC_703

Open gcode file in a text editor made (on the mac I use TextWrangler), then search/find "layer". S3D actually adds comments for each Z-layer change.

Its not quite like Slic3r, but it works...
ovidiu

having a button in the preview window to add custom command would be a much more user friendly approach...
luisdmanson

came here to ask for the same, i like Repetier's implementation, you can toggle the gcode view, from which i change some stuff from time to time, you can also click on a layer number and jump to the corresponding code
checktest

+1 for text g-code previewer / editor
milks

I've had the need for this numerous times. Would also be nice to be able to store commands as snippets with helpful names e.g pause, lift, retract which would inject a multi-command snippet at your chosen location during preview mode
jeevesme@hotmail.com

+1

Having a pause command that i could use to insert the pause command at layer X would be awesome. I wouldn't have to keep checking my print every X amount of times to see when i need to manually pause the print on the machine.

Return to “Feature Requests”