leonpotgieter

Multiple Printers - shortcut

Hi, I'm one of those users that uses two printers, and may be adding a third soon...

I know that its possible to use more than one instance of Simplify3D, but when doing this the port settings/bit rate and other settings need to be reset each day. Is there any chance we could edit the "shortcut" which runs the app to use a specific profile/hardware settings...? In that way we could configure the printer, edit the shortcut and have multiple shortcuts on the desktop for the different printers?

Would help tremendously for those users that run more than one printer with different bit rates/ports etc...
foobiwan

Re: Multiple Printers - shortcut

If we are on this term. There is another feature which should be added.

If you have ( like me ) multiple different Printers ( Sailfish / Marlin ) each time you use simplify3d to slice either on this or the other you have the possibility to switch the Process Settings pretty easy.

But then comes the funny part. Every time you switch between this Printers you also have to go to Firmware and switch there also for the generated GCode.

If you have this done, then you also have to switch the x3g creation mode to the printer you need because it returns to the standard after switching to sailfish.

Would it be possible to select the Printer you work on and it automagically switches this settings? This would be less confusing for a noob like me and would help you also when you dont have so much users complaining about wrong gcode generation for the specific printer.

Thx for looking into this (i hope).
2Mylent

+1 :geek:
Simplify 3D // Printrbot Simple Metal + Heated Bed + E3D v6 // Prusa i3 base Rework 1.5 + Heated Bed 200x300 + E3D v6
neily

Hi

We have the same problem , we have both a replicator 2 and a 2X .
So +1 from me for this feature to be improved

Paul
KeyboardWarrior

neily wrote:Hi

We have the same problem , we have both a replicator 2 and a 2X .
So +1 from me for this feature to be improved

Paul
In 3.0, all you need to do is go to Help-->Configuration Assistant and then select your printer (repeat as needed), till you have all your printers. Then you just Edit the Process Settings to load in your printer and you're done. (The firmware configuration automatically changes in 3.0 as well, so it's one click).

Return to “Feature Requests”