Don
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 pm

New Foley Build

I've got a new build, it's free for the next week.

It's based off the illustration I did for the June issue of Popular Science.

http://donfoley.com/3d-printing/project ... 2-aircraft

I've printed it a couple times and it prints fine. I did try to scale it down once for a smaller print, and it had some holes. So...don't do that.

Love S3D!
BaudR8
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 am

Re: New Foley Build

Another great model as always Don, thanks a ton!
Don
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Re: New Foley Build

I really like this print, but because of the long width (as noted on the post) I had some curling.

This isn't anything I've had to deal with before, so I came up with a Home Depot solution.

And it worked great.

Thanks!

Don
Holy1
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Re: New Foley Build

Don wrote:I really like this print, but because of the long width (as noted on the post) I had some curling.

This isn't anything I've had to deal with before, so I came up with a Home Depot solution.

And it worked great.

Thanks!

Don
So what was the Home Depot solution? (Someone had to ask)
Don
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Re: New Foley Build

The HD solution is in my print notes...

"This print was done in 3 parts. Even printing in PLA, there was some curling on the plate. Do deal with this, Don rubbed in some vinyl spackling, available at any hardware store and sanded it down with 120 grit sandpaper."

I've used this on many of my BIG prints. If I just rub it down, it gives a good 'rough' feel, or when I sand it down, it gives a good finish.
Holy1
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Re: New Foley Build

Don wrote:The HD solution is in my print notes...

"This print was done in 3 parts. Even printing in PLA, there was some curling on the plate. Do deal with this, Don rubbed in some vinyl spackling, available at any hardware store and sanded it down with 120 grit sandpaper."

I've used this on many of my BIG prints. If I just rub it down, it gives a good 'rough' feel, or when I sand it down, it gives a good finish.

I had read that, thanks. I thought you had a solution of the pla warping on the bed. I didn't realize that you were speaking of the post print.
Cheers!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”