scobo

[ADDED] Scale to size

It would be useful to be able to scale a print by height, width or depth.
Elegoo Neptune 4
Slicers - Simplify3d, Cura
3D modelling - 123D Design, Mesh Mixer
3d scanners - Rivopoint Mini and Pop 2
deutchbag

Re: Scale by size

Hi scoob,

You can quite easily scale in the X, Y, and Z planes. In order to do this you must uncheck uniform scaling from the model settings window. You can open the model settings window by double clicking on your model. Once you have unchecked uniform scaling you can scale the model in whatever plane you wish.
Model Settings Window - SCALE
Model Settings Window - SCALE
scobo

Re: Scale by dimension

That's the method I use at present.
What I meant was to be able to scale by setting the x, y & z sizes in the Object Size Dimension boxes.
So for instance, you could set the height to 50mm and it would scale the X & Y dimensions automatically.
Elegoo Neptune 4
McSquid

+1 to this basic feature
tonyno

Agreed. +1
Galt

Amen. I have a part I need to print specifically at 50mm and the only way to do that is to keep nudging the scale, start the print, stop it, pull the part, measure it, then guess again on where to nudge the scale. I takes FOREVER. I know there are tolerances on accuracy on printers but if I could set 50mm on the virtual print bed and then measure what's coming out I could have a scale preset to live by.
Tetraodon

+1 :) Having to figure out the scale is time consuming, I'd much prefer to be able to input the size I know I want most of the time.
Dssguy1

Do some basic algebra if you want to know what scale to set to reach a certain size.

X scale / Required Size = Current Scale / Current Size

In your example of wanting "50mm" for your X size, the math is as follows (assume it is currently 25mm in x direction for ease of math)

X/50 = 1/25
X=1/25 * 50
X=2

That same math works for everything, I just showed easy numbers cause you already knew 2 x 25 = 50.

Just 6th grade algebra really.
Dssguy1

Why would you have to do this? When you change the scale, you can close the dialogue box and then open it again and see what the new size is. It would be nice if it updated automatically but a couple extra clicks isn't really that difficult.
Galt wrote:Amen. I have a part I need to print specifically at 50mm and the only way to do that is to keep nudging the scale, start the print, stop it, pull the part, measure it, then guess again on where to nudge the scale. I takes FOREVER. I know there are tolerances on accuracy on printers but if I could set 50mm on the virtual print bed and then measure what's coming out I could have a scale preset to live by.
scobo

Dssguy1 wrote:Why would you have to do this? When you change the scale, you can close the dialogue box and then open it again and see what the new size is. It would be nice if it updated automatically but a couple extra clicks isn't really that difficult.
Galt wrote:Amen. I have a part I need to print specifically at 50mm and the only way to do that is to keep nudging the scale, start the print, stop it, pull the part, measure it, then guess again on where to nudge the scale. I takes FOREVER. I know there are tolerances on accuracy on printers but if I could set 50mm on the virtual print bed and then measure what's coming out I could have a scale preset to live by.
That's what I do at present but it would just be much more convenient to enter the required size once and be done.
I'm sure it wouldn't take much to implement this, it's a basic feature of most other slicers.
Elegoo Neptune 4

Return to “Feature Requests”