Trhuster
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 3:06 am

Torture test problems

Hello everyone,

Quick introduction, i am not new to 3d printing however i am new to Simplify3d and a new open source printer. I tested to print out this torture test : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:33902

My factory file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcn8r8ny1lm72 ... ctory?dl=0

As you can see the pillars is very bad and the noice when printing the pillars are quite unpleasant to say the least. You can listen to it here: https://youtu.be/VCwlxY8D_nc

I printed with Z-ABS and used 0.2 layers and 40mm/s real speed on all perimeters. As reference you can se my 3d benchy printed very good, but then i used speed overrides under cooling tab.

Anyway, is this printer fw problem or a simplify3d problem?

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
DarthRevan
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:29 am

Re: Torture test problems

Trhuster wrote:As you can see the pillars is very bad and the noice when printing the pillars are quite unpleasant to say the least. You can listen to it here: https://youtu.be/VCwlxY8D_nc

I printed with Z-ABS and used 0.2 layers and 40mm/s real speed on all perimeters. As reference you can se my 3d benchy printed very good, but then i used speed overrides under cooling tab.

Anyway, is this printer fw problem or a simplify3d problem?

Image
You're already printing pretty slow, but for an object of that size with circles that tiny, you probably want to slow down even more. I'd suggest trying out 20mm/sec. You could even just set the perimeters to that speed since the infill isn't visible. Outline Underspeed to 50% would do the trick, and should also help with the noise.
outlineunderspeed.png
I often find this guide helpful. Despite it being tailored for Cura/Ultimaker, the principles of getting better prints still apply.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”