DBFIU
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:59 am

External infill and other questions

Hi,

I keep getting an error message,

Unable to import FFF settings from selected location.

This only happens when I open a factory file for the first time in 3.0. If I close it, and open again, the message will not appear. Not sure what it means.

Also,
What is the difference between internal and external infill? Can someone explain?

Thank you
BaudR8
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 am

Re: External infill and other questions

It's trying to tell you that the FFF profile from the old factory file is not one it has in its database. It should still import the factory file properly, however.
MichaelHerron
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: External infill and other questions

DBFIU wrote:Hi,

I keep getting an error message,

Unable to import FFF settings from selected location.

This only happens when I open a factory file for the first time in 3.0. If I close it, and open again, the message will not appear. Not sure what it means.

Also,
What is the difference between internal and external infill? Can someone explain?

Thank you
External infill is used on the top and bottom layers. It isn't just the visible layers, but the number of top and bottom layers specified in the LAYER tab. You only have 2 choices for external, as it wouldn't make sense to have the other sparse selections for these.
CURRENTLY, however, the external infill layers will always be at +/- 45 degrees--regardless of angle specified. I believe this is a bug, and it has been posted here and in the bug forum. We shall see if was intended to be this way or not.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”