jimc: You're a wicked knowledgable guy when it comes to S3D, but... I'll disagree with you here. There's a big difference to just import a profile from a network drive and use/update it immediately compared to all the new hoops to jump though.
(And to be honest, this isn't a big issue
. It's not like I have a team of guys updating hundreds of profiles every day: There's two of us. It just sucks when a workflow goes in the reverse direction during an 'update')
This is the simplest way I know how to do the same operation in v2 & v3:
* Open FFF Settings
* Import profile: It auto finds my network drive, I get it.
* Make change: 'Export' on top of itself in network drive for next person to pickup.
* File -> Import FFF Profile: Browse to network drive and find it.
* Open your FFF Settings and 'select process':
* But this creates a duplicate (updated) local copy: You already had one with this name, now you have two, one with a number on the end.
* Delete the old one with the 'good name'.
* 'Save as new' on the new one, with the old name (since you can't rename these...)
* Remove the imported one with the number on the end so naming is consistent to spec.
* Make change to it and 'update profile'. But this only saves your local
* File -> Export FFF profile: browse to network drive and save on top of the previous one.
There's no argument this is a worse process than before. Not 100x worse, but worse. Maybe... 2.3x worse