Festus440

Anyone willing to share a profile for the Leapfrog Creatr?

Hi,
I have the dual extruder version of the Leapfrog Creatr on order and have already purchased the Creator software.

Thanks!
Hansie

Re: Anyone willing to share a profile for the Leapfrog Creat

I have not purchased the software yet - since I don't know if there will be LeapFrog Creatr support (wouldn't mind a trial version either!).

So ... I'd be very interested in this as well.
Hansie

Woops, missed the compatibility guide in this post.
Festus440

Yes, I bought the software based on that post plus I have a friend who purchased Creator and highly recommended it. (He has a different printer though.)
Hansie

I'm still having issues printing with my Creatr - PLA works fine, although it is a nightmare to get the object removed from the Blue Painters tape.
ABS however is a different story. Specially when it comes to printing something smooth.
Is Creator of any help with this?
Hansie

OK, I got a license now as well - what profile do you use for your Creatr? (in FFF Settings)
tlrt2701

Hello
Is there somewhere with a profile for relatively small things of the Creatr Leapfrog prints? I'm testing now for days but I get as opposed to Slice3r and Kisslicer mostly inferior results back.

Greeting Thorsten
Hansie

As I understand from Clayton (from Simplify3D): Simplify3D is working on a dedicated profile for the Leapfrog Creatr - they even have a Creatr to work with.

For now I simply use the "default" FFF profile, and even though I have a dual extruder, I simply use one extruder only ... I'm relatively new to 3D printing, so I'd like to get printing with one extruder under control first :P

I can't wait to get a profile for the Creatr though, as I feel that printing can be much better with fine tuning.
Maybe Simplify3D is willing to release a beta profile?
tlrt2701

At moment I use also one extruder with PLA. I create many pieces the last days. Nothing is realy good.
A beta profile would be great.

I have tried many paramter the last few days, but no profile was as good as I had hoped.
I've got blisters start points to the layer.
What looks even worse is that every 6-10 layer the layer is thinner. I print a ring with about 1.3mm thickness. It looks as if there the layer then printed times thinner.
In the preview it looks smooth an good.
With Kisslicer that was not quite so extreme, so it must be possible with Creater, too.

I have temperature 40 ° C bed, and 190-210 ° C. PLA extruder.

Speed ​​the standard values ​​from the default profile.
No Support. But skirt and Raft one layer.

Extrusion Diameter: 0.30mm
Auto extrusion width
Extrusion Multiplier 0.95
Retraction: Parameter Default Default.
Layer High 0.15mm .... (0.1mm did not work.)

Rest is mostly standard.

Greeting Thorsten
Hansie

I print either straight on the glass or on Kapton - either way the bed is set to 65C.
For the extruder I use the default PLA settings - I think 195C for the 1st layer, and 190 for the following layers.
Multiplier etc are also the default values (0.35 ext. diameter, width 0.96, multiplier 0.90.

It sounds to me that you might have some problems with your PLA feed.
I every now and then have to remove PLA, cut a part of and reinsert it.
I read somewhere that adding a tiny bit of canola oil at the tip of the PLA would make things go much smoother.
links:
Matterhacker.com
Use a tiny drop of canola oil on the end of the filament during the filament change. We got this tip from a customer and it has been AMAZING, not a single filament jam since!
Google Groups where they talk about olive oil, but it seems Canola oil is better.
More posts can be found all over the web - I think I originally noticed it in the RepRap Forums.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”