Trax

Problem with dual extruders

I tryed to use the dual extruder feature, but it does not work as it should,
each time it changes the layer it purges the nozzle in place, a.k.a. before it starts using the extruder it pushes out a large blob of filament, this makes a huge mess :(
idk. whats wrong in the g code settings the there is no code specified for the tool change, so it shouldn't do that but it does.

Anyone successful used the dual extrusion feature with a makerbot dual clone (flashforge/ctc)?
JoeJ

Re: Problem with dual extruders :/

Yeah, I've done about 20 prints already using their dual extrusion settings on my FF. Didn't change one things from their stock settings and it worked perfectly.
Trax

Re: Problem with dual extruders

What printer exactly are you using and did you have the normal firmware or sailfish firmware?
Have you used the dual extrusion wizard or have you set it up by hand?
JoeJ

I've got several CTC/FF machines and clones running both stock and sailfish firmwares. I've yet to come across any issues using the dual extrusion wizard.

Why don't you post a factory file so that other can help you, cause it's working fine here
Trax

I have messed around a bit trying to fix things, here is my factory file for the object as it is now.
Attachments
hilbert_cube.factory
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
KeyboardWarrior

Trax wrote:I have messed around a bit trying to fix things, here is my factory file for the object as it is now.
The Skirt settings were set a bit off and didn't match each-other in the grouped processes. Using the factory file I attached the slicing looked much better. Instead of using Skirt, I recommend using Ooze Shield for the print, the prime-pillar might not be necessary as well. Using the G-Code previewer, you can see there were gaps in the first one, but not the second picture.

Current Factory File
Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 10.03.15 AM.png
Revised Factory File
Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 10.04.12 AM.png
hilbert_cube1_2.factory
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
Rebekah_harper

I have noticed this too.

I am thinking along the lines of this.

in your Gcode there is this instance

T1 retraction:
G1 X-19.300 Y12.000 E-0.2387 F3600
G1 X-19.300 Y9.716 E-0.7613

T0 purge
G1 E11.5000 F600

I think this is the case.
how ever I can't see an actual retraction only the purge or the opposite of the retractions. not one layer ends with a tool change retraction but does start with the opposite of the tool retraction. so it might be worth setting the tool change retraction to 0. and see if the extruder tool retraction does the job.

but not sure in my limited knowledge
Last edited by Rebekah_harper on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebekah_harper

the ooze shield needs to be set to all extruders on both processes.
Trax

Have you actually tryed printing?
The file still has the main issue, what it does it:

it starts printing the cube Extr1, than it switches to the Extr2 and prints the shield and the support qube than it moves to next layer and prints the shield and the support qube and than it switches back to Extr1 at this moment is starts eqtruding very fast in place making a mess, after is extruded about a pepper corn of material it continues printing the qube as everything would be fine...
when it than switches to Extr2 is makes a new pepper corn this time, and so on....

each time the tool is switched it seams to get a filament diarrhea...

I don't know whats wrong...
I tried to print the GCode s3d makes with replicatorG but it failed as it seams it does not know many of the comands, so I cant debug the issue in any meaningful way.
Obviously there is a command some ware in the code that shouldn't be there and that causes the issue...
I'm wondering why no one else experienced such an issue.

Could someone with a replicator dual (CTC/Flashforge creator/Wanheo duplicator) post his working factory file for some 2 part 2 extruder object please.
Rebekah_harper

just to say again as I edited my previous post.

I think the tool change retraction isn't retracting but is purging.

I say this as you can see the tool change purge in the GCode but not the tool change retraction.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”