Shinto

Feature request

Hello, before s3d Creator I was using Slic3r and I miss some features from it. Like my favorite honeycomb infill and supports with lower extrusion multiplier. Supports made with Creator are very hard to break sometimes, so it will be very cool if I can change an extrusion multiplier to make supports thinner. I'd like to hear other users' opinion so I posted it on the forum and not mailed it directly to support.
lllusion

Re: Feature request

I agree!

I was wondering abt the lack of infill choices too!

Hope they'll provide it in future updates!
sir-mike

Hi,
I would love to see more infill choices.

About support I think everything you need is in manual support option (Last button down on the right) and also you can play with the support setting "Separation From Part" I use mostly 0.3; 3; 3.

Try it out.

Michael
Shinto

Yes, I know about manual support and I'm mostly using 0.7, 1, 1 settings for layer separation, but sometimes (i.e. to prevent ABS warping) I need to set layer separation to 0. And sometimes supports are melted with main material within one layer. Also (but I need some free time to check this more carefully) I found that models printed in ABS with honeycomb are more resistant to warping (all other settings were similar).
UPD:
If anyone interested I spent sometime printing extruder for prusa i3 with slic3r (with honeycombs) and creator and, unfortunately, creator's extruder is U-bended :( In support they reassured me that they are working on new infills, including some mystical _improved_ honeycomb :twisted: Hope to see my favorite slicer with my favorite infill very soon!
Aha

I'd love honeycomb back.

One trick if you can't break support or want to fine tune: soldering iron. Yes it's better if the software works, but until then it's like a heated knife through... ice?

Does setting that separation to 0 actually fix the warping on abs at times? I keep running into warping on both pla and abs.
Shinto

Aha wrote:Does setting that separation to 0 actually fix the warping on abs at times? I keep running into warping on both pla and abs.
I have a problem with warping on the edges of overhangs. Supports keep this edges "binded" to a heated bed so they are not curling so much. But when there is a layer separation this binding is broken. Also if you're having troubles not just with overhangs but with warping of whole model and adhesion to the heated bed maybe you'll find something useful here:
http://www.makerbot.com/blog/2011/06/23 ... d-curling/
Raising a heated bed temperature to 110C and printing with high skirt worked for me. Also experiment with cooling. Although it's said that you need to cool your model very fast etc but I found that it's good only for PLA. ABS is curling when cooling too fast. If you're (or anyone) interested in some details or just want to share some printing experience you're welcome to send me a PM. :D
Zeeflyboy

I know it's a slightly old thread, but I would like to put in a request for honeycomb infill too - I've been playing with slic3r a lot lately and find honeycomb better for ABS.
glx51mm

+1
davedfx

+1 I need this for strengeth also
rmat

+1

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”