dennisjm

Reload Part

Do you ever create a model, export it to STL, check how it will print, then go back and edit the model a bit? I do this all the time.

As is you have to remove the model and then import it again. This loses your orientation and scaling though. Quite time consuming to re-layout the part every time.

It would save me a lot of time if you could simply right click on the part or use the model menu and choose reload.

Thanks for making S3D fast and in many ways saving me a lot of time in other areas :)
lkeppner

Re: Reload Part

Agreed that this would be a great feature that would get a LOT of use!!
ReneeCelDesigns

+1 for this I would use it all the time for the reasons stated.
dhylands

+1 plus the option to autoreload if the model gets a new timestamp.
laird

ReneeCelDesigns wrote:+1 for this I would use it all the time for the reasons stated.
Me, too.
aricnorine

+1, really want this feature. Repetier-Host has it and it's awesome. The program automatically detects if the file has changed on disk and asks if you want to re-import it. This might be a little more challenging with the new features in 3.0 that allow a model to be split into separate meshes, but for the majority of single-mesh parts this would be a godsend.
yzarc

Emphatic +1. By far my top feature request. Got fed up, googled "Simplify3D reload model" and found this page.
Nandox7

+1 I get into that loop so many times when designing a new part.
This would be great.
tmorris9

+1 that would be a nice feature.
romlel

+1
I used a similar feature in Cura all the time, very usefull to increment versions of mechanical designs and adjust overhangs

Return to “Feature Requests”