charliex

bug report: multiple stl files, when deselected still prints

import an stl file, print it a few times (can't say how often as i've been doing batches of 10-15 at a time)
exit preview, import another stl file, deselect previous stl file but don't delete it
enter preview mode
both STL files show up in gcode and try to print.

only way to fix is to go back and delete the original stl file.

verison
and 3.01
windows x64
monoprice 3dp
JATMN

Re: bug report: multiple stl files, when deselected still pr

I noticed something like this too.. like if I put supports on one stl and not the others..
When I generate preview it generates support randomly on the parts that wasn't suppose to have anything, but yet I cant remove those supports either.
I assume these might be related issues.. :?
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Wanhao Duplicator 4 (MFG 2013) + Simplify3D v3
Ultimaker v2 + Simplify3D v3
Ultimaker v2 - Aluminum - Remix By JAT.MN + Simplify3D v3
charliex

yeah, i also noticed if i use the automatic place feature with one of the STL's deselected, it'll use the bounding box of the two STL files together, again only way to do it properly is to delete one of the STL's. Didn't have the issue in V2 that i can recall.

So the deselect only seems to stop it drawing the shape in the viewer.

here's an example i am currently printing, each of these is after pressing "center and arrange" with different STL deselected/deleted.
img1.png
img2.png
img3.png
charliex

and here is what it looks like with it deleted vs deselected.
img4.png
Arcadenut

Are you going into the process and using the "Select Models" to unselect the ones you don't want?
jimc

Selecting and deselecting has nothing to do with what is printed. If there is a process in your list that is applied to a model then it is going to slice. If you dont want a model to print then you need to go into the process that is applied to that model and goto select models then unselect the model from the list or remove the process all together. This is how it has always worked. Im not sure if anything changed with the update on this since i dont have it in front of me and havent tried.
JATMN

S3D is still doing something different in v3 than it did v2.2 whether it be auto adding parts to processes or per design or what..
but i know im with charliex. In v2.2 I would often make arrangements of models then randomly uncheck them from the models list and print only some of them then turn around and reverse my checks and print only the ones that were unchecked before.. and now that does not work and I end up having to "remove" the ones i dont want printed vs just uncheck.
DarthRevan

you don't need to remove the models just uncheck them for printing in your process's settings.
JATMN

DarthRevan wrote:you don't need to remove the models just unchecked them for printing in your process's settings.
That is a redundant step.. if you have unchecked it from the models view why would it print it anyhow regardless.
Just saying in V2.2 you didn't have to do this redundant step.
JoeJ

Unchecking the models just toggles the visibility in the main 3D display. It doesn't change how the processes are setup.

So if you double-click on your process, then choose "Select Models" at the bottom, the process will still print the parts that are selected there, regardless of if you have toggled the visibility of that model in the 3D display.

So if you want to change which models are printed by which process, use the "Select Models" button, not the visibility checkbox toggle.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”